ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 Clio Clutch Change

As per the title, ive got a 2011 Clio and im needing a new clutch, this one has started to slip after 70k miles!
Wondering whats involved, subframe drop? Full removal for the gearbox? Best oils to use?
Any tips are appreciated 🤙

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah D4FT clutch is pretty simple mate. On the MK3 it's best to drop the subframe and drop the box out of the way under the chassis leg. Only issue is it's a JR5 box and the bellhousing is massive on them and for some reason theres less space in the engine bay on a 1.2 tCe than on a 1.6 GT😂 I think Renault just wanted to throw as much stuff in the bay as possible to make s**t awkward

Yeah D4FT clutch is pretty simple mate. On the MK3 it's best to drop the subframe and drop the box out of the way under the chassis leg. Only issue is it's a JR5 box and the bellhousing is massive on them and for some reason theres less space in the engine bay on a 1.2 tCe than on a 1.6 GT😂 I think Renault just wanted to throw as much stuff in the bay as possible to make s**t awkward
Mine isnt a TCe though...

Clio
I’ve got a sinmiliar problem at 45k just coz I was being a t**t 😂😂 u got any clue how much it would cost to be done lad