ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Audi so far are being brilliant about this. I've been assigned my own representative with a direct number. She's currently trying to find me a replacement RS3 for a loan car.

I doubt she'll find one but its nice that they are putting the effort in!

Nice to hear they're doing all they can. But a fuel pump going on such a low miles is not good to hear.

I wonder what it would have cost if you were out of the warranty period!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
We'll its been collected to go to Audi proper to be fixed.

Some of the highlights:
Nice to hear they're doing all they can. But a fuel pump going on such a low miles is not good to hear.

I wonder what it would have cost if you were out of the warranty period!
We'll see, I'm not sure the pump is totally dead as I got it started again when it was picked up the second time. It was cutting out on boost. So I can only assume its only working on low duty. Hopefully it'll be a duff sensor or connection.

Turns out the nice girl from Audi can't find me a RS loan car apart from an RSQ3 that's in Kent which I can't have till tomorrow night. So she's sending me a 3.0 TDI Black Edition A6 which is better than what I was expecting!

Should hear tomorrow about my car, hopefully it'll be a simple fix and I'll be back in it soon.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm just medium pimping now :(

13016619_10154100977002579_1825647685_o.jpg

RS4
Yeh. Why you ask? PM me if you'd like (to stay out of here)
No particular reason:smile:. Your cars often come up when I am having a nose around local dealers stock

For the OP. Audi are awesome when it comes for replacement cars for their RS models. They couldnt source a like for like replacement for my brothers locally so got an RS5 from Audi in Manchester delivered (190 miles away).

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
😧 😧 😧 😧

I think that's the saddest thing i've heard this week.
Sorry but it is. It's great for going fast but I hate how it feels and it's dull oh and everyone wants to race you all the time.

Anyway, fair play to Audi trying to help out the way they are.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Sorry but it is. It's great for going fast but I hate how it feels and it's dull oh and everyone wants to race you all the time.

Best car you've ever driven?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I got slated for saying that about a GTR. I had more twitch in my pants seeing Daniel bend over. Fast and boring comes to mind.

clio 182 trophy
I got slated for saying that about a GTR. I had more twitch in my pants seeing Daniel bend over. Fast and boring comes to mind.
I can't see how being a car enthusiast, a part of it didn't excite. the irony is that you are commenting on how amazing this RS3 is, yet is known to be dull and boring in it's feedback. No offence intended to the OP I actually really like the rs3 personally but can't fathom how a ballistic beast doesn'the get the pulse going.
Hope it gets sorted soon. I heard a decatted mk1 rs3 at full throttle and it sounded amazing coming off the warehouses. Hairs were standing on end. Is it the same 5pot?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I can't see how being a car enthusiast, a part of it didn't excite. the irony is that you are commenting on how amazing this RS3 is, yet is known to be dull and boring in it's feedback. No offence intended to the OP I actually really like the rs3 personally but can't fathom how a ballistic beast doesn'the get the pulse going.
Hope it gets sorted soon. I heard a decatted mk1 rs3 at full throttle and it sounded amazing coming off the warehouses. Hairs were standing on end. Is it the same 5pot?
I know you quoted Gally but in my opinion a car like a GTR just does everything too well (which is a plus for the car) but it just doesn't have the wow factor to me.
Cars like the M5/C63 etc can be fun considering what they are whereas the gtr needs to be going stupidly fast to get any enjoyment.

If I remember, I'll take a video of it accelerating tomorrow if you want to see how quick it is?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
At the risk of further clogging up this thread.

I used to work with a bloke who had a vxr8, got bored, bought an r35...

Found it ballistically quick and effortless to do silly speeds and generally cover ground. He likened it to being a passenger in the car as 'you don't really do much, just press the throttle and it does everything for you'.

He sold the gtr and bought the same vxr8 back lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Annoying in sport mode mine (with the Audi sports exhaust fitted) doesn't sounds much better than the standard car.

Goes to show how good the standard exhaust is!