ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2018 Price List - Extreme Tyres

Recommended as a cheap, semi slick trackday tyre...... but be careful not to go for too soft a compound.

Price list.jpg

I expect there will be quite a lot of interest this year in the VR1 tread pattern .... as a 'wet' tyre for Sprints and Hillclimbs (they are now listed as a 1B tyre by the UK Motor Sports Authority).

I messaged the UK base not so long ago and they wanted over £100 a tyre delivered for the V2 R7 (medium) compound, seems expensive for remoulds when you can get new Avon ZZR, Toyo R888R, Nankang AR1 tyres for the same price.

I messaged the UK base not so long ago and they wanted over £100 a tyre delivered for the V2 R7 (medium) compound, seems expensive for remoulds when you can get new Avon ZZR, Toyo R888R, Nankang AR1 tyres for the same price.

mmmm - seems a tad expensive - last march I paid £32 delivery for 4 tyres and last September I paid £36 - was your quote for 4 tyres ?

My experience is that I've found the Extreme VR2 (R5) faster than the R888R in competition (by comparing my dry times at Wiscombe Park hillclimb, Manor Farm hillclimb, Castle hillclimb, Llandow sprint and Clay Pigeon sprint). Sadly the ZZR is not an option for me - list 1C so not eligible for 'Road Going' classes.

Last Year we did some quick Durometer tests in the paddock of Wiscombe Park - comparing Extreme VR2 (R5), Maxsport RB5 (soft), R888Rs, R888s (GG) and R888s (SG). The VR2 (R5) was the softest tyre by a long way.

mmmm - seems a tad expensive - last march I paid £32 delivery for 4 tyres and last September I paid £36 - was your quote for 4 tyres ?

My experience is that I've found the Extreme VR2 (R5) faster than the R888R in competition (by comparing my dry times at Wiscombe Park hillclimb, Manor Farm hillclimb, Castle hillclimb, Llandow sprint and Clay Pigeon sprint). Sadly the ZZR is not an option for me - list 1C so not eligible for 'Road Going' classes.

Last Year we did some quick Durometer tests in the paddock of Wiscombe Park - comparing Extreme VR2 (R5), Maxsport RB5 (soft), R888Rs, R888s (GG) and R888s (SG). The VR2 (R5) was the softest tyre by a long way.
Was priced for a pair mate. At the prices you mention above they would defo be worth a shot.