ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2118's sizes??

Seen quite a few people on here running speedline 2118's. Love the wheels but wondered if they were available in 16's? also how light are they and wheres he cheapest place to get em?

Lionel Richie
not that light to be honest, but possibly the strongest wheel available, i think they're only available in 15 or 17inch (i maybe wrong)

Looks like your right i cant find anywhere that lists them in 16's... and getting them in 17's is just poinless as it wont help performance

Quote from speedline - "The 2118 is available in 16” but only in a special “snow” wheel rally version in 5.5x16."

Or its 15*7J et38 or et43, et43 high spec ones weigh 9kg's per wheel without a tyre!

Clio on SL 2118s
ordered mine direct from speedline on wednesday. they arrived yesterday.
lovely looking wheel, only available in 6 x 15 and 7 x 15 in white. £117.50 each inc VAT, seem to be about the same price as everywhere else. but i liked the fact it was direct from them.
not the lightest of wheels but as fred said ive been told they are one of the strongest. get et43 as well if you go for them as these are motorsport spec used by palmersport.
tyres are cheaper too due to only being 15".

check out my recent threads for loads of info that people have given me and d4ve knows a lot about them, he helped me alot.

ill get some pics up soon, but theres a few on here anyway.

edit: ^^ he beat me to it ;)

So that would no use id have to run 175's or sumat on 5.5 inch rim... atleast that narrowed it down then either 2118' in 15 or ultraleggera's in 16

Ph1
Sure they used to do them in a 16

Very strong but bloody heavy. I switched back to stock and the difference in acceleration is very noticeable

Put them on the scales and here's what i got as a rough guide:

Ph1 172 OZ F1 Cup with Michelin = 15kg

Ph1 172 OZ F1 Cup with Uniroyle = 13.5kg

Speedline 2118 with Parada = 17kg

Speedline 2118 with Eagle F1's = 18kg's

So the 4kg's saved was noticeable then? that points me towards ultraleggeras then.. dont think strenght is gonna be too much of a problem. Its a road car wasnt planning on doin any trackdays or sprints

They are heavy, next time iv got one off the car ill stick it on the scales,

but yes 15"*7J is available off the shelf in white im not sure how easy the other sizes are to get hold of.

Clio on SL 2118s
So the 4kg's saved was noticeable then? that points me towards ultraleggeras then.. dont think strenght is gonna be too much of a problem. Its a road car wasnt planning on doin any trackdays or sprints

These are the two wheels that i was considering. not really too fussed about a few extra kgs cause its only a 1.2. in the end i chose the wheels that i liked the look of the most, which is what you need to do on a road car. wheels either make or break a wheel. regardless of weights i go for the ones youd rather look out to every morning, whether they are what others recommend or not.

Ph1

Like the old 17 inch thing, if you bolt them on you wont notice much of a difference, switch back to stock and the weight difference is very evident

You'd be suprised on the strength thing. My mate bent her stock OZ alloys, i bent one god knows how and few months back bought a 2nd hand set and 2 of those were rubberd !!

UK roads are hellish for any kind of alloy wheel