ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

220 Sport/Race settings.

220 Trophy
In my old RS Megane I think (could be wrong though) that the Sport setting relaxed the traction control and then it was fully off in Race.

The 220 manual isn’t clear though regarding this and it looks like Sport doesn’t effect the traction control at all but just the gearbox and throttle (which I can then tailor myself).

Is this correct?

Thanks

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
From what I remember of the snow we had last year, normal is pretty sharp to kill any wheelspin, sport allows some degree of traction break and race it's off.

One thing to remember is the E-diff is part of the traction system, so you have it in sport but not in race. That'll have a large impact on the ability to spin an inside wheel on power.

220 Trophy
I tried messing around with the settings at the weekend, my Sport setting was previously set to snow (I think it was) although it was a definite improvement to how it felt in Normal.

So I changed the Sport setting to sport and then to race, there didn't seem to be a huge difference between the two so I've left the Sport setting in race.

I haven't actually tried the Race setting (holding down the button) as this seems a bit pointless on the road in this weather.

I couldn't honestly feel much difference between the steering settings, but possibly this is just me??

What do you (or anyone) have yours set to?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I find sport a bit useless and drive in race 90% of the time and normal 10% of the time.

reason being if I want to just cruise about in auto then normal mode is just fine, if I want full control over the gearbox and the fastest changes and best noises then race is perfect, sport sits oddly in the middle holding onto gears far too long around town, slower changes and no barks on gearchanges.

steering is much nicer when pushing on in sport/race, but the light steering in normal is nice in carparks.

never been a fan of the e-diff and think it feels too artificial so prefer race to turn this off too

220 Trophy
Thanks.

So what’s the difference between the Sport setting set to race and the Race setting itself?

Regarding the steering then, presumably you’ve left it in normal when in the Normal setting and then sport (or whatever it’s called) when in the Sport & Race settings?

…I did notice a bit of wheel-spin & understeer when coming off a roundabout the other day when in Sport (can’t remember what the map setting was at the time, it may still have been snow?!) I was a bit surprised as want going that fast or pushing on that much.