ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 engined RS

MERCEDES CLS AMG
BenR said:
I'll disagree.

The VAG lump is by no means nothing special by any means, its a boggo standard 4 pot with a turbocharger, an awful head, pretty bog standard designs for components

Ben - sometimes in life the simplest idea's are the best. The 1.8 T lump is a world wide proven lump and has been used in many conversions, some of which are running 10 sec qtr miles in FWD cars.

The F4R 744 T lump has yet to be proven.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
BenR said:
wooop wooooop.

I said nothing about fitting one into a clio, but simply the comments that it is a weak engine compared to the vag lump, which at best is average.

But your saying you will do the big rubber c**k thing if i simply fit an engine?

Calm down son - im winding you up ;)

And yes......i have a rubber c0ck waiting :D

MATT BLACK said:
Ben - sometimes in life the simplest idea's are the best. The 1.8 T lump is a world wide proven lump and has been used in many conversions, some of which are running 10 sec qtr miles in FWD cars.

The F4R 744 T lump has yet to be proven.

yes, but there are dozens of engines currently running over 800bhp in 4pot 2 litres, its nothing to shout about in the turbo world. Have you seen what scadanavian blokes do with shitty old volvo lumps?

16v
I have spoken to quite a few "experts" and they reckon that with forget internals, etc, etc the F4R will be able to produce well over 600hp. So if you invest the money there is no reason you cant get big power and reliability from the 225 engine.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I to have spoken to quite a few "experts" and they reckon if i spent £5k on a c0ck extension i could increase from an 8" to a 12" c0ck. So if you invest the money there is no reason you cant get a big c0ck for £5k

Focus ST
MATT BLACK said:
I to have spoken to quite a few "experts" and they reckon if i spent £5k on a c0ck extension i could increase from an 8" to a 12" c0ck. So if you invest the money there is no reason you cant get a big c0ck for £5k

PMSL!!!! :D

I've been quoted for a transplant to remove the one from my forehead and attach it to my man hood, giving another 150 bhp and 15" of pure lovin...

Clio 172 mk2
BenR said:
yes, but there are dozens of engines currently running over 800bhp in 4pot 2 litres, its nothing to shout about in the turbo world. Have you seen what scadanavian blokes do with sh*tty old volvo lumps?

Agree

Lionel Richie
MATT BLACK said:

ahem, 6", don't over quote yourself now ;)

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
MATT BLACK said:

I've heard you wouldn't be able to utilise that extra 4" where it counts though!

How did this manage to descend from talk about engine tuning to c0cks? Only on Cliosport lol :rasp:

Interesting discussions though - the engine bits, not the c0cks...

clio 200 F4Rt
haha, excellent stuff.

Surely tho it is a fairly possible conversion, if you are prepared for...

1) the fabrication of engine mounts ( how many, who knows, maybe fred could shed some light)

2) you may have to go standalone ECU (omex or suchlike)

3) Custom drive shafts, would you need these, i am guessing yes!

4) gearbox size - is there not a 5 speed box that would fit? (maybe from a deisel model?)

I guess the hardest part would be sourcing a 225 lump tho, as they seem rarer than rocking horse poopy!

clio 200 F4Rt
oh and...

5) The fitment of a pedal box, or at least a clutch pedal to deal with the hydrolic clutch.

16v
MATT BLACK said:

God how old are you, feels like im back at primary school. Just trying have a a discussion if you are not able to see other members points of views what the point of being part of a discussion? IMO you can stick any VAG engine up your A55.

Lionel Richie
fmp_ said:
haha, excellent stuff.

Surely tho it is a fairly possible conversion, if you are prepared for...

1) the fabrication of engine mounts ( how many, who knows, maybe fred could shed some light)

2) you may have to go standalone ECU (omex or suchlike)

3) Custom drive shafts, would you need these, i am guessing yes!

4) gearbox size - is there not a 5 speed box that would fit? (maybe from a deisel model?)

I guess the hardest part would be sourcing a 225 lump tho, as they seem rarer than rocking horse poopy!

answers are as follows

1) 4 main ones, but i think it'll need 5 all in, only 1 off the shelf renault one fits the clio and the megane

2) yup OMEX

3) yup GKN motorsport custom made

4) nope only one that fits inside the engine bay is the ND0 6speed megane RS unit (its a bit tight!)
DSC00023.jpg

5) pedal box - yup uber sexy Tilton one (you can bodge it and do it pikey)

engine sourcing easy! MATT BLACK has 20 of them brand new for £1500 + VAT (new gearbox is £750 + VAT IIRC)

one day in this milenium i "might" be bothered to do it

clio 200 F4Rt
i see that top left hand mount fits.

i pressume thats the only one?

did that mount come with the engine, or is it from the original engine?

fmp_ said:

Originally the car was a 1.2 the mounts probaly one of the mounts Fred had lieing round. The 1.2 mounts are different than that one.
I wish Fred would get on and fit the engine its been going on for ages.

Lionel Richie
fmp_ said:

thats a 172/182 mount, the ONLY one thats the same/fits

clio 200 F4Rt
ah right, i see!

are the rest of the mounts on a 1.2 the same as the 172/182?

certanly looks like an interesting conversion (from a mechanical problem solving point of view)

Lionel Richie
no the 1.2 mounts are different, but they use the same chassis fixing points as the 172/182 (hence why you can drop the 172 engine in with no problems!)

clio 200 F4Rt
u tried the turbo and exhaust manifold on there?

enough clearence between bulk head and block?

what sort of intercooler you planniong on using?

so amny questions i know!! lol

clio 200 F4Rt
cool.

is it something your working on at the mo, or is it on the back burner?

should be a rocket when/if it ever see's the road!

Lionel Richie
its been on the back burner for the past 2years!!! LOL

car needs a full respray etc etc

i'm either going to finish it first or put TB's on the V6 first, descisions descisions!!!!

BenR said:
I'll disagree.

The VAG lump is by no means nothing special by any means, its a boggo standard 4 pot with a turbocharger, an awful head, pretty bog standard designs for components. Boost is a wonderful thing.

the Fr4T is a BEEEEEFY engine, the gearbox is another issue but we'll see how much abuse they can take before they brake. And like i've always said, gearbox's live if you use them correctly. Engine management is a seperate issue, i'm sure you could push some serious power out of the renault lump if you were to run a decent turbo and ECU on it.

i could kiss you for that statement

FredYozzasport said:
its been on the back burner for the past 2years!!! LOL

car needs a full respray etc etc

i'm either going to finish it first or put TB's on the V6 first, descisions descisions!!!!
Sort out he tubro first before starting on the V6 please I want to see this completed some time.