ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 - Removing exhaust.

So I'm in the process of trying to remove my standard exhaust. Waiting for a 13mm deep socket to undo the centre clamp so I thought I'd remove the part attached to the CAT. In the most awkward place ever to get to i think I can manage it but I'm not sure how to actually undo it.

Is it just the three nuts on the thread that need undoing? What size are these? I tried a 10mm which seemed too big and slipped and a 9mm won't go over it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Will give it another go shortly. I attempted it again trying a 10mm multifit 10mm socket but didn't seem to do anything to the bolt but span one on it so I stopped. Sprayed the threads and nuts in WD40 and used a wire brush on them. Then left them to soak again in some more.

Any other ideas if it just doesn't want to move?

Its so inaccessible there is no room to do anything in there !

Will give it another go shortly. I attempted it again trying a 10mm multifit 10mm socket but didn't seem to do anything to the bolt but span one on it so I stopped. Sprayed the threads and nuts in WD40 and used a wire brush on them. Then left them to soak again in some more.

Any other ideas if it just doesn't want to move?

Its so inaccessible there is no room to do anything in there !

So, f*cking f*ck thing.

Removed two of the bolts using a nice 3/8 socket which fitted perfect. Just the last one is being a tw*t!

10mm just spins, 9mm is too small. The 3/8 socket seems too big. There are edges on the nut it's not rounded much. Tried hammering a 9mm multifit socket on, it looks like it's on nice then just turns and nothing happens.

One last bolt that's stopping this. Pissing me off now :|