ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

230bhp vr6 vs clio 172 cup

172cup
surprised you didn't slowly pass him.... VR6's aren't that quick by todays standards

you weren't very quick on getting the power down... and should have snuck right behind him

K20 EG Hatch
like i said in pm. my mate (some of u seen him at the cs RR in his golf vr6) had a fairly standard vr6 and raced my fairly standard 182. In a straight line theres nothing in it really and my 182 was by far not a slow one. On the RR the golf had 186bhp and my 182 had 176bhp.

In reality on the roads there was nothing in it at all.

If the VR6 was 230bhp it would rinse a standard 172 all day long (well apart from when corners come into it ;) )

Go cry to your momma!
the engine must be on its last legs then...

i took my VR6 to the clio rolling road day and made 186bhp with a de-cat, cat back and carbonio filter.

in a race against dan page and mike a (both in 182s) who can both drive there was nothing in it, apart from the 182 out handles the VR6

if that golf had 230bhp, it would annihilate the 182 in a straight line...im not biased, ive owned a VR and have a 172 at the moment.

and for the proven 230bhp g60, that'd rinse a valver too...sorry but thats the facts - more bhp and torque with not a considerable amount of extra wieght, the valver must have forced induction or the g60 not running it's mods properly.

Mot

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
thats still not bad goin as them golfs suposed to have good torque compared to the renaults not so good torque lol

Sorry mate but i totally disagree. Maybe he wasn't trying or you have a turbo'd valver?....

I had a toy with a proven 230bhp corrado G60, and pulled an easy car length on him in less than 1/4 mile in my valver

Nope a 147bhp valver, with nothing inside. 845kg. he did have a passenger, and i know mine is a quick one!

Quick power to weight:
My valver: 173/tonne
corrado: 191/tonne

IIRC mine was alot better geared at the time too.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate but i totally disagree. Maybe he wasn't trying or you have a turbo'd valver?....

Nope a 147bhp valver, with nothing inside. 845kg. he did have a passenger, and i know mine is a quick one!

Quick power to weight:
My valver: 173/tonne
corrado: 191/tonne

IIRC mine was alot better geared at the time too.

845kg?

You got rid of 135kg? Got any pics of the interior?

my R26 is 237.7bhp and yes it is definately quicker than a 172/182 but still not loads in it - also doesnt a golf weigh a s**t load more than a clio?