ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24,000 service

insignia

My car needs its 2nd service as ive just gone over 24,000. There is no way im paying £200.00 from renault again.If I use another garage,does it have to be Renault Approved for my warranty,or can I go to any? And am I right in saying I can do 24,500 before service.

tiTTy & SV650

need to use renault parts to keep your warranty.

Can go anywhere but obviously then you cant boast a Full Renault Service History, which could put people off when it comes to selling your car.

Im getting first 3 services done at Renault, after that Ill use my local garage.

insignia

So if I get garagre down the road to do it, it wont effect my warranty? thats ok if it doesnt.When I come to sell my car I will tell them why I didnt take it to Renault after I had very bad experience on my 1st service.

Weeman sucks ****

I paid about the same a while back for mine to, about £130 iirc. cups are slightly cheaper though at that service cos of the lack of air-con.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

You are allowed 1000miles over the 24k.

I paid £130 at JayBee in Banbury, I didnt have the air filter done or the pollen filter, and I provided my own oil.

172, Tiguan

Chris, I have Climate ;) Only thing they didnt replace was the air filter, but that did include oil.

insignia

I live in Clitheroe, but my car was serviced at Renualt garage of trafalgar rd Burnley last time.Just gonna take it to my local garage this time

[Edited by 182 sport on 13 April 2005 at 10:44am]

didnt you have to used to use Renault Approved garages only?

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 13 April 2005
Chris, I have Climate ;)ÊOnly thing they didnt replace was the air filter, but that did include oil.

Not really a proper cup then is it jon;) Ill let you off as you can drive my car better than I can:oops:

the official governemnt legislated line is that as the long as the garage uses reno approved bits (not halfords cheapies) and is vat registed then your warrenty is not affected in any way what so ever, i hae just had mine done for 100 quid all in!, with door to door pick up and return from my local independant, with i can guarantee wil look after my car a hell of a lot better than reno ever will. an old dear drops the car back off at work when done, so no problem with hire cars!!!!

i have had some warrenty work done after my first service which was non reno and there was no problem at all!!!

cock mobile.

If you supply your own oil and dont get an air filter change (because of ITG Panel Filter) will the service be cheaper?

How much oil is needed, and where do people usually buy this?

Im up for my 24k service soon, any price cutting is all good!

EVO VII

its when you get to 73000k you wana start saving ;) my next service is at 83000k not long to go now.

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by Danny... on 13 April 2005

£200 is sod all mate just pay it!!!!!!!!!
Very wrong.£200 quid is £200 quid.If I can get the same job done for £50 then its £150 saving. Thanks guys.

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 13 April 2005
Very wrong.£200 quid is £200 quid.If I can get the same job done for £50 then its £150 saving. Thanks guys.

Agreed.

Why buy a £15k car and service it on the cheap :confused:

In the long run it will pay to have a FRSH!

If you could not afford to run the car then you should not have purchased it in the first place!

"Why buy a £15k car and service it on the cheap "

He is not servicing it cheap, just paying less than at a Renault dealer and probably getting a better service

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by Danny... on 13 April 2005

Why buy a £15k car and service it on the cheap :confused:

In the long run it will pay to have a FRSH!

If you could not afford to run the car then you should not have purchased it in the first place!
what a knob.

cock mobile.

Ill certainly be gettin mine done at Reno, not because they are better, but just because it looks better to someone buying it.

Why should I pay for a filter change when I dont need it?

And why would I pay Reno twice the amount on oil if I can provide my own and save?

Just common sense, or maybe not?

:p