ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24 month contracts, why the hell are they the "norm" now.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Im about to upgrade to a HTC desire on 3, but can only get a decent deal if I sign a 24 month contract. My old 18 month contract has only just expired and that seemed to last forever!

Whats everyones thoughts on this? I just dont like to think i will be tied in for 2 whole years!

I dont like it, but its because we want free phones, and phones are actually expensive items and only getting more expensive.

ITB'd MK1
dont use 3 FFS!!!!!

I and many others have good deals on 18 month contracts with a desire. I wouldn't even consider a 2 year contract

ITB'd MK1
what deal have u got any with who?

I'm with Orange. Just called them, told them what i wanted, and that i wasn't prepared to go over 18 months and wanted the handset free. Got a bit of loyalty discount but it's £31 a month including insurance, with plenty of minutes, unlimited texts and 500Mb data

Blk/Gold 182 FF
if you haggle with them ova the phone, aslong as youve been with them for a while, they'll always do a good deal for you i think, aslong as its not to ridiculas lol

My contract ends in July...

What ive done is just bought a Blackberry myself, and ill be going onto O2 Simplicity for £10 a month... Works out slightly cheaper in the long run!

24 Month Contracts are a big mistake I think.
Who knows what could happen to mobile handsets in two years, they improve so quickly, but you'll be stuck with the same one for two years, yes you'll have a very modern phone now but it will be pretty dated by the time you can upgrade no doubt!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus, i've only just started on 18 month contracts last year. And thats only because I was after an iphone.

Any other phone i'd stump up a bit in advance and have it on a 12 month or are they no more? Its about 10 months since i last took out a non-iphone contract and that was a 12 month.