ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24K service t’morrow...and i have a list!

172 goes in for its 24K service tomorrow and boy do I have a list of things for them to look at/fix.

1)Condensation in both headlights when they have got wet

2)Engine sounds rough until it has warmed up - almost sounds like it is missing slightly.

3)Clutch is very high. It has not started slipping but Im just scared of what they will say...eg:" Looks like you need a new clutch mate and oh, by the way, its not covered under warranty"

4)2.0 16v badges on side have started to pit and go rusty - I thought there was a corrosion warranty on these blumming cars???

Any one had similar problems or any ideas what to expect from the wonderful perople at Renault?

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 15 February 2004

2)Engine sounds rough until it has warmed up - almost sounds like it is missing slightly.
3)Clutch is very high. It has not started slipping but Im just scared of what they will say...eg:" Looks like you need a new clutch mate and oh, by the way, its not covered under warranty"

4)2.0 16v badges on side have started to pit and go rusty - I thought there was a corrosion warranty on these blumming cars???

Any one had similar problems or any ideas what to expect from the wonderful perople at Renault?
Are ou sure than its not just a noraml problem the cams are quite strong so that may have something to do with it give it a bit more revs in the morning and see if you can get rid of it that way. IE get it warm quick

A high clutch sound like its on the way gets higer until ther no bit there may just be a faults seal though which needs replacing.

I though the badges were plastic

What to expect from Renault though depends on where you go. Migh get the on a good day though.

If you are taking it to camden renault in milton keynes i will be praying for you. This must be the biggest joke of a dealer i have ever seen

clio 172 MKII

if youre in MK - go to West renault in Clapham, Beds - theyre spot on and cheeper - family run franchise

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 15 February 2004

1)Condensation in both headlights when they have got wet

normal as they arent sealed.

Ive asked Reno MK about this before (that is condensation and the clutch) and they look at u like ur stupid.

Went in today to have coolant and power steering topped up as both on minimum level which worried me.

Was charged £5.50 for coolant top up and told they had run out of ATF, so had to buy it from Halfords. Cannot believe u get charged for that unless its part of the service. I know plenty of people with other new cars that get topped up for free.

Just got home from picking the car up. Their answer to my questions were as follows:

1)Condensation is normal on Xenon lights

2)Did nothing with engine

3)They said that it has a self-adjusting clutch and although it is high there is no slip so will be fine.

4)Didnt bother with badges....just left them.

Hmmmmm...dont know if they were right bothered because they undercharged me!!! They might have felt guilty for doing f##k all!

ps..it needs a new exhaust manifold heatshield asap....how much are these?

thanks LEWY , im based in mid beds so could have saved myself a lot of hassel and gone their instead. i had to sit in waiting room in camden renault service centre in wolverton and saw one person after another come in with nothing but complaints. one guy lost it completely and walked off saying they must deliver the car back to him. The ordered the wrong clutch for my clio twice and offered some cost price tires to make up for it. the price seemed quite reasonable until the barstards took my credit card and added VAT on. They took me for a fool, they never return phone calls and could not organise a piss up in a brewery. They had my car in for the weekend and it mysteriousley gained 40 miles on the clock too. why wont somebody let me into the dealer chatroom?

oh and they will never return phone calls or contact you about the progress of your car. stay well clear