ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

26Mpg everywhere?

Clio 172
Not to sure what to make of this, every time I look at my milage MPG, it keeps saying 26Mpg everywhere, that could be fast driving, motorway, or just in and out of town. I have scanned the car for any faults, and there are none coming back, and if i'm honest the car is running fine, but shouldn't the MPG vary from different driving styles, or is this just a Clio thing?

Clio 172
Yes, I'v reset the MPG which gives a high reading to begin with, something like 54Mpg, then goes down to 26Mpg, and then just stays there. actually there is one problem with the car, but the ECU is not picking up any faults, sometimes it does not start first time when the engine is hot, but I'm told that is just a Crankshaft sensor fault which I have a replacement coming this week, but apart from that, no faults.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Ive been driving like a grandad recently in my 197 and cant get it above 22.5! The MPG it tells you is an average though so even if you drive with a heavy foor for a bit then drive steady it will tell u the average

monaco 172
Get on the motorway and reset it and stick to about 65mph for 10 minutes, it should steady out at about 42mpg.

If it goes down to sub 30 on the motorway at 65 then you have an issue somewhere.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if its a 172 then that's definitely low and I would be looking at tyre pressures, check for sticking callipers, lambda sensor, thermostat and coolant temp sensor.

172 cup turbo
Not to sure what to make of this, every time I look at my milage MPG, it keeps saying 26Mpg everywhere, that could be fast driving, motorway, or just in and out of town. I have scanned the car for any faults, and there are none coming back, and if i'm honest the car is running fine, but shouldn't the MPG vary from different driving styles, or is this just a Clio thing?

mmm not quite right. mines doing average 31mpg with a snail bolted on :-/

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Try diagnostics first rather then wasting money guessing. A decent tech will be able to take one look at the live data outputs and tell you what's not looking right... forget code reading.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING

Where abouts are you in Kent? I can plug my rs tuner in to diagnose the fault?

Clio 172
I Changed Lambda sensor when I first got the car about 4 months ago know, before that it's had a full service including spark plug change, and the coil pack a leads have all been replaced, I have also replaced all 4 injectors. As I said before, car drives fine, good power, and responsive. Odd.

Clio 172
Took the car for a quick drive on the motorway tonight, and to my surprise I got a good reading from the MPG, I got 41mpg going down, and coming back up the motorway it drop to about 37Mpg, doing a steady 60. 70Mph.