ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2into1 VGA?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hey,

I currently run my PC connected to my ACER monitor via its VGA lead, but I also like to run my xbox 360 into that monitor too. So, when ever I want to switch I have to keep changing the wires over. Its not a major problem, but its a bit annoying. Anyway, wanted to know if theres like a 2into1 type thing? So I can have them both connected at the same time? If yes, where can I buy one?!

Storm Grey 200
I have something you can use, Its a KVM you can have it for some dosh

Its got 2 VGA inputs, and then you press a big button to switch betweem them. I used it for the exact same application you want :)

Storm Grey 200
Say £15 posted

Image001%231.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
Many KVM's are s**t, i have exactly the same set up as u (acer monitor too) and I have bought 2 KVM's (around the £10-15 mark) and both show clear PQ loss, with ghosting and such so I have now reverted to just switching manually.

Having said that, the amplifier + switch posted in here will probably be spot on, the cheaper KVMs lose quality because they don't amplify the signal but that one will so you should be fine. Worth paying the extra if you're gonna do it!

EDIT: Oh s**t just realised that one posted is a 1 in to 2 out, I don't think it will work the other way round will it?