ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd screen on 2011 iMac ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just found my spare screen.. got it all out the box, cleaned my desk, turned the iMac around and there's no display related port !!! :S

I've got USBs, FireWire and a Thunderbolt thing which I have no idea what that does... but nothing which appears display related.

Err... :S

Bit of online searching suggests Thunderbolt does display, but only to a Thunderbolt related screen, which is £899 from Apple.

Do I need to put my 2nd screen up for sale or am I missing something obvious here...?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thunderbolt doubles as a display port, you need a display port to vga (pauper) or a display port to HDMI (Better as it gives you more options and carries sound if you ever wanted it to connect to a TV or something with HDMI) and it will work.

Or this http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MB570Z/A

Cheers.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah, if you like.

Just plug that into the thunderbolt port. Job done.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not a fan of iTax TBH. Another £25 'cos Apple changed their minds again is a joke.

Speaking of which.. When's Mountain Lion out ? My regular Lion's still wet behind the ears FFS :dapprove:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Unsure, in theory "fall" but it could be at WWDC (2 months) as the beta is already out.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
HA !

You're more than welcome to my second screen... I'll knock 50% off Apple's RRP..

£400 and it's yours ;) I'll even deliver it and throw in my now redundant MiniDVIf*ckknowswhat cable in too.

Rav4
HA !

You're more than welcome to my second screen... I'll knock 50% off Apple's RRP..

£400 and it's yours ;) I'll even deliver it and throw in my now redundant MiniDVIf*ckknowswhat cable in too.

Depending on which one it is and condition, i'll be up for the screen too :)

Chris_p of course, has first dibs.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's 2 years old, was about £80's worth of Samsung LCD monitor and I don't remember suggesting it was for sale.. however, if you want it, as mentioned above, £400 and it's yours.

PayPal address available on request.

Ta.