ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2x iPhone transfer / sync questions

DC5
As I am sure many of you are, I am going to be getting the new iPhone next week. The question is, how do I get all of my apps / music / contacts etc across on to the new phone? I think most of my contacts will be on my SIM, but may have some that aren't.

I have the majority of apps etc on an old computer at my mum and dads. However, that computer isn't hooked up at the mo (can be if I have to), so my first question is - How can I transfer everything currently on my iPhone on to a new computer / iTunes?

The second question then is once I have been able to transfer everything off my old iPhone on to the new computer, will I then just be able to plug the new iPhone in to iTunes and sync everything (apps and all) to it?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Plug it into your new computer. Set it up with that. Let it back up etc etc.

Carry on using it.

When the 4 arrives. Plug your current one in. Back it up. Plug in iPhone 4. It will ask you if you want to set it up as a new phone or restore from backup, you just press restore.

Simples.

DC5
So just by plugging it in to the new computer it will automatically transfer everything off it in to iTunes?

I know if you sync it with another iTunes that has already got something on it, it does it the other way. So that's why I was wondering. Didn't want it syncing nothing back to the phone.

And I was hoping I would just be able to sync the new one to which ever iTunes I had everything on. So if that is the case then it is all gravy.