ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3/4 number advice and help?

clio
Were could I get one of the Internet cheap.

Wat size would I need to ask for.

Would I be able to get one with standard MOt letters but the plastic trim cut down right to just round the letters?

Fiesta zetec s
I just cut my standard one down to the size thats fits the recess. Looks perfect.

Dynamique Flamer
He said he cut his standard plates down so it would therefore mean it had standard letters/font. You just need to cut off some of the top and bottom of the plate and then it should fit the recess

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
He said he cut his standard plates down so it would therefore mean it had standard letters/font. You just need to cut off some of the top and bottom of the plate and then it should fit the recess

Not really, It could mean he had a standard sized plate with smaller font, which he cut down.

Fiesta zetec s

Yep just measure the recess in the bumper and cut off equal amounts from the top and bottom of the plate to make it the correct size. I cant post pictures up on my laptop but i'm sure someone else has done the same and can get a few pics up for you.

clio
Is the plate still legal lad? Can I trim down the sides aswell or is there a legal limit that has to be round the letters?

Fiesta zetec s
yep there is a legal limit but i'm not sure what it is. I havn't had any trouble with mine as it is. Somethings telling me its 20mm from letter to edge of plate though.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Fancyplates are the guys to look up for actually ordering one. Std length with a smaller height(can't remember the size) is the best, fits the recess perfectly and less likely the attract the fuzz, won't pas mot though iirc.

I just ordered a standard sized and spaced plate from fancyplates.co.uk then measured and cut it down to the 11mm border all round:

_MG_1673.jpg

clio
thats i nice plate lad, what did u do? did u just measure 11mm out from the top and bottom of the letter. then measured 11mm out for side ?

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
i'd watch the whole quarter plate stuff. just got nailed with a 60quid fine because of mines ! they do look good though !

thats i nice plate lad, what did u do? did u just measure 11mm out from the top and bottom of the letter. then measured 11mm out for side ?

Just measured and cut the sides, didn't bother about the top and bottom as I've got writing on the bottom and it would look silly only cutting the top.