ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 door clios and babies

Does any one know how practical a 3 door clio is with a baby - now that I am married thoughts turn to starting a family - just trying to work out weather i should sell the best car i have ever owned and buy a five door or can you cope with everything.

Ziel Nurburgring

Judging from the dents on my passenger side, babies and any car doesnt make a good combination.

3 door cars will just be an arse to get the seat or baby in and out of in a CP, leading you dings in peoples cars.

none :(

depends if u have lots of paients (sp) and can move around easily, if u get angry easily and are really tall and built like a brick sh*t house then its time to sell imo. i have this trouble when i take my god son out for the day but seein as its only once/twice a month i can keep my cool and keep the car

hope this helps

Clio 182

Not quite the same, but I used to have to put my dog in a seatbelt in the back seat (for his own safety plus he would keep getting in the front and standing up while I was driving) and it wasnt a problem with me because Im small and can easily lean into the back. If you are taller, I would think a 5 door would be more practical - but I hate 5 door cars with those little doors! I wouldnt change myself.

Audi RS4

Ive got a 2 year old and Ive had my clio for 3 years now.Ive never had any probs gettin jnr in or out the car,found it quite aesy,only prob is wife has to wait outside car till hes strapped in cos she struggles to do it!The front seats slide forward quite a bit so I can sort of stand up in back while I strap him in.

Quote: Originally posted by Paul Freemantle on 07 February 2005

just trying to work out weather i should sell the best car i have ever owned
I think youve answered your own question.

Id personally stick with the Clio and accept a few dents and scratches and some plastic door covers it will be a lot less expensive that a different car and how much time will the whole family achaully use car?

You want the family to be safe and unless you go to a bigger car there arnt any much safer than the Clio.

Audi RS4

Ive managed for 2 years without any dents(touches desk)but Im relly careful!wife would say that I take more care over car than jnr!

rsturbo and a xr3i

Does any one know how practical a 3 door clio is with a baby - now that I am married thoughts turn to starting a family - just trying to work out weather i should sell the best car i have ever owned and buy a five door or can you cope with everything.
you will cope with everything trust me lol . we traded our pug 405 in to get our 3 door clio cause i wanted to learn to drive and the pug was far to big for me to learn in .. at first i thought how the hell are we gonna cope 3 kids in a clio 3 door clio at that but tbh its easier for us cause the youngest she has her baby seat in the middle and its attually easier pulling the front seat forward than trying to get into the middle of a back seat threw a back door if you get me .. the only thing that is a pain is with the car been small the back seats are closer to the front seats than they were in the pug and the little one in the middle kicks my new corbeau recliners grr .hope this helps :)

Dude dont sell it!!!! I had an impreza before and my missus got pregnant and I had four doors and a boot!!! What an excuse to keep the scooby!!! I now have 3 week old little megan and a fully modded 182!!! Take the parcel shelf out mate and the buggy fits a treat. Although I do pop a sheet down on the seat so the baby seat doesnt mark it!!! Pop her in a funky little outfit and all is good!!! You will regret sellin it mate........

Audi RS4

Quote: Originally posted by mandy007 on 07 February 2005

you will cope with everything trust me lol . we traded our pug 405 in to get our 3 door clio cause i wanted to learn to drive and the pug was far to big for me to learn in .. at first i thought how the hell are we gonna cope 3 kids in a clio 3 door clio at that but tbh its easier for us cause the youngest she has her baby seat in the middle and its attually easier pulling the front seat forward than trying to get into the middle of a back seat threw a back door if you get me .. the only thing that is a pain is with the car been small the back seats are closer to the front seats than they were in the pug and the little one in the middle kicks my new corbeau recliners grr .hope this helps :)
LOL,yep my passenger seat takes a hammerin off his little plates!!I take his sneaks off if there dirty or give him a dead leg if Im driving.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

had our first nipper 1 month ago.

only one downside i have found with the clio .............. BOOT SPACE. just fits the pram in and a bag or 2. rest of stuff (including the mrs) has to go on back seat.

couldnt go for a wkend away anywhere unless you strapped the suitcase to the roof or just dragged them behind you on a piece of rope! ;)

Ive got four kids and over the time Ive had three and five door cars. I found the three door more practical while the kids are in child seats. Its easier to lift a baby in and out of the back from in front (as in a three door) than from the side.

Argos do a child protection kit by the way. Consists of two "capes" that fasten to the front headrests and prtect the back of your seat from foot prints and a plastic sheet to go under the child seat. Worth every penny!

Good luck.

not a clio anymore

Same as the others here. I find 3 door is actually somewhat easier when they are very little and still fine as you get better access to the back seat. It is just harder on your back though. The only downside with the clio is as mentioned the boot space. I have travelled to France with my 3 month old baby, and the car was packed to the roof. SO now we have a more family friendly car (for the wife). But dont get rid of it because it is 3 doors!

[Edited by nonos on 2/8/2005 8:45:53 AM]