ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 new HTC handsets announced

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You think the legend will be decent enough to compete sneeks?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Legend looks great but it would have been better if it had Flash 10.1 support like the Desire. Either way it does look like a nice Android handset.

A HTC phone with a aluminium unibody design and running WP7 Series would be ideal.

Maybe the new HD2 Mini might have the Windows 7 upgrade?.

Nah, afraid not, the screen resolution will not support windows7 and this has been confirmed by HTC :(

Think i will get the desire as was all set to get a Nexus one and the desire looks as good, if not better!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I think I will get the Desire lol... Its basicly a Nexus One, but with Sense UI & given that I don't think they are bringing the Nexus to us Brits... This seems like the better option.

182FF with cup packs
The HTC Desire has a couple of differences to the Nexus One, but is essentially the same hardware except instead of a trackball it has a trackpad type of thing.

Most of the difference is in some HTC tweaks to the OS. It runs the HTC Sense UI, does USB tethering out of the box.

It's a big phone, but most Smartphones are, it's pretty much the same size as an iPhone 3gs (iPhone being 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.48 inches and a HTC desire being 4.7 x 2.36 x 0.47 [both weigh135 grams]).

I've been running my Nexus One since the begining of Feburary and can definatly say it's a fantastic device.

I have a couple of niggles with it, but they are all software based so can be sorted. (the perils of fearly adoption :dead:)

1) No way to configure a proxy server. [This is an android shortcomming and is a known issue]
2) Will not send MMS messages if the photo is a landscape one [weird, but I think this is more to do with me setting up my APN wrong]
3) Doesn't support tethering via USB or bluetooth [this is a nexus one shortcomming for some reason. Android supports it]

As I bought my Nexus One direct from google without a contract, and my Orange contract is up in a month or two, I am actually seriously considering upgrading my Orange contract to a HTC Desire [which would be covered by Orange Care] and then rooting that to mess around with [don't want to root my Nexus at the moment until I have a spare phone or a method of getting a replacement should I kill it ;)]

Battery life is pretty good, as long as you aren't caning the WiFi & GPS. In a normal day I will usually have 75% battery left when I put it on charge when I go to bed. That's with WiFi on in the evenings at home [turned off rest of day], GPS off, bluetooth on, syncing every 10 mins with my e-mail accounts, and used as my MP3 player in the car via bluetooth (so about an hours worth of MP3 play at max volume output via bluetooth speaker).

Having said that if you have WiFi turned on all day along with GPS and are messing about with it all the time (like I was in my first week or two) you'll find yourself draining the battery inside of a day.

Has a single micro-usb connector for charging & data, aand will happily charge off any USB based charger or PC with a normal USB micro cable (I actually use the one from my old Nokia E71).

The headphone socket is a standard 3.5mm jack, so you can just plug any old headphones into it instead of having to deal with adaptors or the handsfree kit.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If the 4G iPhone announcement isn't something very special then I'll definitely be buying the Desire. I may well buy one sim free anyway so that I can swap phones whenever I wish.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Just watched this review of the Desire and it looks fantastic. My contract is up next month and was thinking of changing network and getting an 3GS. Think I might stick with Tmobile for another 12 months now:).

[YOUTUBE]vU7Ht9HhABI[/YOUTUBE]

Audi TT
Legend is gonna be a Voda exclusive which is a shame as it does look the shizniz. I'm a geek though so am gonna run with the Desire on Orange so I get the snapdragon and larger screen :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm with voda! :)

I like the look of the one Dave posted in the other thread with 4g.

The more I hear about the Desire, the more I want lol... Its a fantastic fone imho...

ITB'd MK1
geeked out and went for a play with one this afternoon. I'm getting a desire, end of story. My mate works for Carphone warehouse and he bought the first one through the door, with his own money, outright. He NEVER buys things from work.
I'd have it now if their insurance pricing had been available, but it's not officially on sale yet.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
geeked out and went for a play with one this afternoon. I'm getting a desire, end of story. My mate works for Carphone warehouse and he bought the first one through the door, with his own money, outright. He NEVER buys things from work.
I'd have it now if their insurance pricing had been available, but it's not officially on sale yet.

I have a HTC HD and its great and as far as i know the Hero is too. But the HD, inspite of being powerful is still laggy. And so is the Hero as it has a UI over Android. Will Desire be the same?

The Iphone is pretty sweet as it is so slick?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im not worries about Processors etc. ITs the interface i want to be quick/smooth and responsive!!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Im not worries about Processors etc. ITs the interface i want to be quick/smooth and responsive!!

Check out some of the vids on the tube! Looks slick as... How do people find the apps on android compared to iphone then? The desire looks really good value but I have also been offered the 3gs for free on a £30 month contract instead of paying £180 for the handset so would work out similar.
Can't wait till the 26th of April either way so I can get shut of my crappy Vario 4...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Android app store has the same main apps as Apple, but doesnt have the more quirky apps etc

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think it looks great and if my job remains secure then I'll probably buy one sim free.

[YOUTUBE]D0imFD1T5AI[/YOUTUBE]

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I went into T-Mobile store and put my name down for the Desire, and they will phone me as soon as there first batch comes in hopefully within the week.....:approve:

I am holding out for the HD3 that "hopefully" should come out later this year and should be epic... Well, it should be if its going to be running Android?.

Weeman sucks ****
iheld and played with the legend back in feb

DSC02624.jpg

DSC02627.jpg

DSC02628.jpg

Got my Desire today. Lovely lovely handset. Perfect size. The optical trackpad is a bit useless. The pinch zoom etc on the browser is faster than the iPhone and smoother. Theres is a little bit of lag if using a live wallpaper. Feels like a much more complete phone when compared to my G2/Hero. Touchscreen is brilliant as is the keyboard. Just gotta hope that the battery life isn't too dire.

Also HTC have confirmed DivX will be coming to it (yay warez!).

Overall very happy on day 1.

clio
I got a desire last sat. = niiiiice.

love the fact you can set it out however you like.

iphone killer to be honest.:rasp:

165quid for the handset

£10 month tmobile unlimited text and web 100 mins

Think my desire is on my way to me!! have found a few app sites and am ready to install skype!!! Also found a fix so it has the same talkntext feature that the nexus 1 has

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Orange havent got it yet, on there system but no release date yet

Day 2 feedback: The snooze timer is 10 minutes as standard and not 5 minutes like a BlackBerry. 20 minutes late for work this morning. Oops!