ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 new HTC handsets announced

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Plug it in, click update.

(Read post 117 before you talk about OTA)

ITB'd MK1
I knew someone would harp on about it.

it's mostly going to be people who are sick of everyone harping on about the iPhone though.

I dont use itunes, can't stand it.

Also been totally put off apple by the apple store in MK. My mate had update problems with his 3g so went in to ask the technical desk. They wouldn't talk to him without an appointment, wouldn't give him one that day, and proceded to stand there looking useless for 15 minutes, not serving anyone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There's a hero update scheduled for this month, its OTA apparently.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
it's mostly going to be people who are sick of everyone harping on about the iPhone though.

I dont use itunes, can't stand it.

Also been totally put off apple by the apple store in MK. My mate had update problems with his 3g so went in to ask the technical desk. They wouldn't talk to him without an appointment, wouldn't give him one that day, and proceded to stand there looking useless for 15 minutes, not serving anyone.

You don't have a mac then.

The Procedure in the Apple store is well documented. Not the guys fault.

ITB'd MK1
nope, no mac for me, dont have the need for the things they do well (graphics, editing etc) and tbh, i'm too much of a computer flid to need more than a fairly basic laptop

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Misconception. I don't do any of those things.

You'd actually find it easier to use OS X

But anyway..

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I'm just a bit of a phone wh*re, bored with the iPhone just now and will no doubt get bored with the HTC in 6 months time. I'll then sell both of them and get the new iPhone which comes out :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. I just wont get one because they don't have the integration the iphone has.

Wont work in my car stereo setup.
Wont sync with my mac nicely
Cant update it without a windows pc (I know there is OTA before people moan)
Cheers Tom, looking forward to a play with the new iPhone tbh, would be my first.

After using my missus for a bit I quite like it. Will have a play with the desire this weekend and see what I think.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its a very very good, phone.

If i used windows and had another head unit, i'd buy one.

Revels Mum & Sister
I think as Tom has said for ease of use and Integration (without fiddling) then the iPhone does indeed win hands down. I am very tempted. I guess I could always flog it if I do not like it.

Pinko, just plug into PC/Mac. itunes downloads and updates it. Done.

182FF with cup packs
Win. I now have in my hand a Google Nexus One running HTC Sense. :cool:

There's some clever b*****ds out there (like the guys at android.modaco.com).

Best o both worlds. The sghtly better hardware in the Nexus (i.e. tri-band & dock compatibility) and the HTC Sense UI and it's extra polished nature.

182FF with cup packs
Eh? Sense UI runs over the top of Android.

Correct, though it does also run over the top of Windows Mobile as well (thats what makes the HD2 work so nicely, as it hides Windows Mobile from you)

It's just HTC trying to make all their phones have the same polished look and feel no matter what OS they run on. (and it works as well

Been having a mess around with the custom ones as well. Now have my phone so I can boot into one of 3 or 4 dirrerent OS flavours. Stock, Stock but rooted, Cyanogen, HTC Sense.

It also means that I can pick and choose the pre-installed apps I want. For instance, I never use twitter or flickr, so I can create a ROM without these apps on to save space for other stuff (like WiFi tethering).

Revels Mum & Sister
My HTC Desire comes tomorrow :) See what its like I have 7 days.

What are good forums for the Android OS?

182FF with cup packs
My HTC Desire comes tomorrow :) See what its like I have 7 days.

What are good forums for the Android OS?

At current I am using android.modaco.com and http://www.cyanogenmod.com/. http://forum.xda-developers.com/ is meant to be some use as well.

These are more for rooting/flashing your phone than anything, but they also have somee helpful and very clever people on there.

The HTC Desire has been rooted, btu they haven't released it in an easilly usable format yet. while Google made it a piece of cake to unlock/root the Nexus One, HTC have put blocks in the way so that you can't do it in the same manner.

Audi TT
Anyone got a Desire for under £30 a month with unlimited internet?

yup £25 quid a month all in for me on Orange. :)

Taking some getting used to and the battery is sh1te so far.

Will give it time. Got another 5 days yet to decide whether keep or go back to crackberry Bold 9000

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Battery life is meant to be decent if you set up your own widgets instead of using the defaults ones which constantly update etc.

Audi TT
2 recharges today to get me through the day is pants regardless of widgets. The news, weather and friend stream only update when I click the little update button it seems anyways.

I'm loving the Last.FM app :D

I really want a desktop and bedside charger dock for this though like I have for the BB Bold. I liked the way the BB went into bedside mode when I dropped it into the pod as well and dimmed the screen and swapped to a clock. Anything like this available for the Desire? Found a naff looking dock on ebay for £20 which is a rip off. The BB one looked a nice bit of kit and was half that.

ITB'd MK1
my first day with it ruined the battery uber fast too, install "advanced task killer" and it will shut down anything running in the background that you dont want. Been using half battery all day since i sorted that

Citroen DS3 DSport
I like the Desire but I think I'd rather await a UK version of the HTC Incredible as it has a higher spec.

Revels Mum & Sister
My Desire arrived today. I am very impressed with it. Once I get my head round it I reckon it will be excellent. Incredibly snappy OS on it.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Well I got mine last night (Desire) and i love it. I've not got a 3GS, but compared to my iPhone 3G it's rapid, web pages etc were loadingso quickly (quicker than my mates 3GS too, but I expected that seeing it's got new hardware etc, i'm sure the next iPhone will be just as quick if not quicker).

My plan was to have a play with it for a few days and decide if I was keeping it, but I knew the second I switched it on it was a keeper. Screen is awesome and the widgets are great too. Would reccomend it to anyone.

I was going to keep the iPhone too and use it as an iPod but I might aswell selling it an get a 2nd hand iTouch or get a Classic. The desire has got a very good media player on it, but as I noticed even with the iPhone 9 times out of 10 when i'm listening to music via earphones i'll be doing something which means I can't use the phone functions anyway (cycling, gym etc).

I tried out the HD Mini and its a fantastic phone, small, quick, lovely screen, HTC sense runs superb over windows... downfall... keyboard way way too small, even in landscape... so its gone back, shame really.

Desire or wait for iphone...

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Got my desire today after 18 months with the iphone.

Love it would recommend to anyone thinking of switching from the iphone.