ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

335d X drive 0-100mph vid

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Taken from the F30 Forum.

Last night I was heading back from Germany and had a minicam in the car. Pulled up after a toll booth, grabbed it out of boot and stuck it to side. Car had just under half a tank of French Esso and I had about 30kgs of camera equipment in the boot. Temp was 5 degrees and ground was mostly dry. Had winters tyres on.

Now, this was shot from the side so you don't exactly see the reading right. I've also tried to be fair and add about 5% on speedo reading in both instances. This isn't scientific at all but I just got hacked off with people saying that I was lying through my teeth. It's pretty close to the Vbox times.

[video=vimeo;80448403]http://vimeo.com/80448403[/video]

http://vimeo.com/80448403

Last edited by a moderator:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You can get a Hartge map to 360bhp which retains warranty but its £1900....

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
What are the figures then, are they improved much with 360hp? Is there any flat spots etc to iron out of the original map?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Quick,

does it fall off a cliff after 100mph?

needs drama for me but none the less, still impressive.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Quick,

does it fall off a cliff after 100mph?

needs drama for me but none the less, still impressive.

The rate it does 90-100 is what it does 100-130 in, the 8 gears help, you only lose pace when in 7th at very silly speeds.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The rate it does 90-100 is what it does 100-130 in, the 8 gears help, you only lose pace when in 7th at very silly speeds.

Gearbox is a masterpiece, changes are in instant with zero lag. Are these twin turbo or triple?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Gearbox is a masterpiece, changes are in instant with zero lag. Are these twin turbo or triple?

Twin turbo in this, one tiny variable vain one and an large one (none variable) which the small one draws air through to spin it up.

M550d are a 370bhp triple turbo version of the same 3litre block.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

Twin turbo in this, one tiny variable vain one and an large one (none variable) which the small one draws air through to spin it up.

M550d are a 370bhp triple turbo version of the same 3litre block.

Good God I bet that will shift than! Must resist and stick to s**t mpg and noise!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats so smooth and nice.

I wouldnt be bothered one bit by what people think thats very quick.

Z4
I dozed off by 90mph.

Very fast, but very boring.
Id rather something half the speed but exciting. Let's be honest, who needs to hit 100mph in circa 10 seconds in this country? Licence loosing territory in half the time!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I dozed off by 90mph.

Very fast, but very boring.
Id rather something half the speed but exciting. Let's be honest, who needs to hit 100mph in circa 10 seconds in this country? Licence loosing territory in half the time!

Its a diesel saloon car I do 30k a year in its not supposed to be exciting. I'd have bought another TVR if I wanted to be deaf and hot.