ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 335d X drive M Sport

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've driven it across a muddy field and not got stuck. So it earned it's keep then.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
4wd option is one of the best moves BMW will ever make.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly? No. As Ali has eluded to, the brand is now closely tied to M cars, they don't actually need to change the M idea.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid badges. Oh and I hate X1s,X3s and X5s! X5s just look the same as they did years ago!

I don't see how they could keep going N/A. The 1M is a good example of what can be achieved. Lovely car.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice, loving the interior. I bet this will thrill if remapped ;-)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Stupid badges. Oh and I hate X1s,X3s and X5s! X5s just look the same as they did years ago!

I don't see how they could keep going N/A. The 1M is a good example of what can be achieved. Lovely car.

Hummmm... Again I hated the 1M, the engine was characterless compared to the N/A V8's! :( I am gutted the era of N/A is dead.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would never have one over an N/A, especially not that V8, I think i've just begun to accept what's happening.

Leon Cupra 300
Sorry forgot to say it is still standard with 430 ft/lbs of torque. Would you expect that kind of torque to pull very hard?

He may want to get it checked out.. A standard 335d is a bloody quick car, and 430lbft does really pull, specially if you lock it in 4th at 40mph.. It feels quick from the drivers seat, even more if you're a passenger! It should of really impressed you (unless you're used to 911 Turbos)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yet a diesel effectively shows up the M brand.

The 335d is hugely impressive, in many areas superior to the ///M range of cars, hence my comment.
The reference to Gally's comment above is an observation based on experience of N/A Vs Turbo powerplants.

One comment has no bearing on the other. Okay pumpkin?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I have one huge issue with this car. It only has a 50l tank, so total range is less than 500 miles which isn't good enough really.

DB.

BMW 440i
I have one huge issue with this car. It only has a 50l tank, so total range is less than 500 miles which isn't good enough really.

Do BMW offer the larger tank (100l iirc) as an optional extra? I know Mercedes do this.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Sadly not. As I'd love one.

I asked if they would fit the 63l tank the petrol models gets but it was a no go.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm betting it's so there's room for an ad blue tank as that was an option.

The 335d is hugely impressive, in many areas superior to the ///M range of cars, hence my comment.
The reference to Gally's comment above is an observation based on experience of N/A Vs Turbo powerplants.

One comment has no bearing on the other. Okay pumpkin?

Oh right. It's just that you said BMW we weird for making a car that shows up the M brand. They're different cars aimed at a different buyer. It's not weird.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Oh right. It's just that you said BMW we weird for making a car that shows up the M brand. They're different cars aimed at a different buyer. It's not weird.

It's not weird to you perhaps.

///M cars are performance cars (as you know), honed in areas to make them better from a performance standpoint.

Sure the economic side is aimed at one buyer and the luxury side is aimed at another, but when you group them together into something such as the 335d X-Drive, then you have a weird concoction whilst still delivering borderline ///M car performance.

That's the point i'm making.

Renault Clio 182
I thought all 335 models would keep the dual exhausts. Do you think this is because the dual exhaust system will get in the way of the 4WD layout?

Last edited by a moderator:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
2700 miles in one month.

Average fuel consumption of 42.5mpg.

Not bad considering I can now over take nearly everything.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
then you have a weird concoction whilst still delivering borderline ///M car performance.

That's the point i'm making.

Its perfectly possible for one car to match anothers performance, but not to match its rewarding to drive feel.

M cars arent just about being good at laptimes, they are about being BMW's interpretation of the ultimate driving experience possible for a daily driver.

Munson is correct, its not a comparable product in so many ways, but you are also correct that it is none the less a slightly surreal concept that you can be enjoying your balls to the wall driving experience in your M car and then have a remapped DERV come wafting past.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As i said above, the new M3/M4 better be a stonker!!!! For their sakes and they loyal ///M followers!

Reminds me, i've got my test drive in the M4 in 3 weeks time! That'll be a great if not sad day for me!