ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 dashboard update

dk

911 GTS Cab
i thought you had to have windows media centre edition to connect your pc to it?

www.xbox.com/pcsetup

download the windows update, connect via ethernet and your away!

Also interested in a decent wmv converter or good source of downloads!
thanks, does it have to be by ethernet or can it be via wireless?

ALso, could I put the WMV file onto a usb stick and play it from there to bypass connecting my laptop to the 360 please?

dk

911 GTS Cab
managed to get my laptop connected to it via wireless, very cool for pics (esp. p**n ;) ) but streaming high quality vid is a nono, can't handle it, will need to try it with a network cable, see if that works. Will it need to be a crossover cable or straight through please?

dk

911 GTS Cab
cool thanks, will give that a go and see if they play better, tried via a USB key aswell and all worked fine again until i tried one of the MS high def vids,couldn't handle it but the high defgears of war demo it could although it was half the frame rate i think and the usb was a 1.1 and not 2.0 so i guess thats the reason.

usb 1 hasnt the bandwidth

im sure mine streamed high def stuff ok over wireless laptop to router but xbox wired to router

Revels Mum & Sister
bear in mind if your laptop is a s**t spec or one not really capable of running HD stuff then it will be crap!

I must turn the xbox on and get this update! No bloody speakers though :( Sold them and my Amp!

Going to give 1080p a crack on my dell monitor as well!

1080p isnt much use for the 360 anyway nothing takes advantage of it at the moment all the games are 720 native so are just scaled so they wont look any better than they do now really

Revels Mum & Sister
I was thinking more for any 1080p HD clips, I know there are no 1080p games.

Have u pre-ordered the HD-DVD addon?

nah im going to get the gf to get me it for xmas instead its the only thing i can think of for her to get me.

yeah video clips are ok but they only last a minute or 2 lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
bear in mind if your laptop is a s**t spec or one not really capable of running HD stuff then it will be crap!

I must turn the xbox on and get this update! No bloody speakers though :( Sold them and my Amp!

Going to give 1080p a crack on my dell monitor as well!
i sort of took the laptop being sh1t out of the equation as its a 2ghz PM with 1gb ram and 256mb dedicated graphics card so in laptop terms pretty good.

this was a driect connection between the wireless and wireless, no cables between the router for neither laptop or xbox, maybe the cat5 cable will sort it as its only 1m away anyway.

was thinking about getting an external hdd anyway so now might be the time to get one.