ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 vs PS3 Graphics Comparison

Golf R soon...
icon_argue.gif

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?tag=top_stories;title;0

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol. soooooooo

buy a 360, for the money, games, xbox live its clearly better right ???????

oh and this is all only prob noticable on HD TV anyway lol

Audi TT 225
Thats interesting the 360 has much better anti aliasing and detail but the ps3 seems to have better colour contrast. I've not looked into the ps3 very much so I can comment but I've spent a fair bit of time with DirectX programming and recently XNA for the 360 so I like the fact that the 360 has so much compatability with the PC and media centre.

The online support makes the 360, with my xbox 1 I never played online and I would play a game for a bit and then it would sit on the shelf for ever... but with the 360 I chat to my mates, play online with em and that keeps me playing the same games, not mentioning the achievements and with games like R6 Vegas you can even put your own head on the player!! You can customize your player and you unlock stuff the more you play. 360 has replayability and such wide universal support for devices. I just think you can do more with a 360.
If you think about it all these games will be released on all platforms so that considered I think the 360 is the better package.

We have two 360's and will soon have a ps3 so I'll have to compare em hehe

All of these games were originally built for the 360 then ported to the PS3 hence the results. Games like Motorstorm and F1 are designed specifically for the PS3 and they look a whole lot better than any of the stuff on that site. Admittedly the 360 is the better console in terms of games and online play at the moment. The original xbox had better graphics than the PS2 but that didnt make any difference in the end. It will be interesting to see if the reverse happens this time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm no console player, but I think Microsoft did the best thing they could by promoting online gameplay - something that Sony seemed to ignore for ages. I presume they are addressing that issue with the PS3?

Also of a worry for Sony (imo) is the number of disillusioned PS fans who are grumbling about the PS3. No doubt it will be a cracking console and still sell in droves - but if your main fan-base looks to be getting itchy feet, then Sony had better do something amazing with the PS3.

Online gaming is where it's at. Broadband is cheap and easily available. Gone are the days of Sunday morning's, playing Diablo on my P133 PC with my cousin in Melbourne, over a 28.8k modem. And I paid £27.99 per month for that privalege, plus the phone call. LOL. :)

D.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The xbox owns the ps3 !!

Does the PS3 come with 3 red flashing lights .. err no.. ;)

D

dick

dont play games, but ps3 graphics look better to me, in the ccar game, a lot.

graphics seem 2 bright in background in xbox

gun game, prefer the xbox,

Lee

BMW M2C
Nothing I've played on the PS3 looks as good as Gears on the 360, and the PS3 doesn't have Xbox Live. Live is pure genius.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nothing I've played on the PS3 looks as good as Gears on the 360, and the PS3 doesn't have Xbox Live. Live is pure genius.
to be fair it took a year for something like GOW to come out thuogh so really we should be asking this same question in a years time IMO.

Live is amazing and it can't be beaten by sony but as long as they get most the way there I will be happy.

I might even use ps3 for solo games and bluray and leave the online gaming for the 360 tbh

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm planning on using the PS3 in the same way Dave because I know the online experience will not equal or better the 360.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'm of the same opinion as Dave. There are a few Sony-only games which will never see light of day on Xbox, like, F1 Championship Edition, of Gran Turismo.

Sony has been the master of PROPER driving games (Gran Turismo series for example) and nothing has ever got close on the console format for the true petrolhead.

I have a 360 and whilst PGR3 and TDU are nice, they're no way as good or involving as the aforementioned games.

I'm looking forward to my PS3. :)

Nippy white cup
to be fair it took a year for something like GOW to come out thuogh so really we should be asking this same question in a years time IMO.

Live is amazing and it can't be beaten by sony but as long as they get most the way there I will be happy.

I might even use ps3 for solo games and bluray and leave the online gaming for the 360 tbh

I agree to a point about the year gap...but the PS3 should have been out ages ago and I reckon most of the games due for release back then will have been improved for the later release so the launch games are more like 2nd gen. I need to see replay footage in HD of forza 2 as the footage of that evo on GT5/hd is very impressive imo

Chris

Lee

BMW M2C
The GT HD demo looks lovely, it really does, and it handles like a smoother more realistic GT4. I'll have a PS3 purely to play that on. Drifting the Ferrari was hard, but the Elise was quite easy to get into a nice controlled drift. I'll have to get my GT4 wheel back and try it with that.

Visually it's stunning, probably the only PS3 game I've thought that about. But then the entire GT series has always looked better than the competition, they had the visuals nailed a long time ago.

Roadside object collision is still as bad as ever, so I expect it will be bumper cars with the AI cars once again.

Forza 2 on 360 is going to offer a hell of a lot though and with all the online features it's going to have [SIZE=-1]Polyphony are going to have to work very hard on the online side of GT. They've dropped that twice now and even the most hardcore of fans are starting to get sick of them missing out things like that.

It will be interesting to see how GTR is on the 360 as that's out soon. If that's anything like the PC version then that's going to be the first proper console driving game.

Oh and the PS3 controller is horrid. So light without the rumble feature, and you do actually miss the rumble. The repositioned triggers aren't nice either, they feel really cheap and the L1 and L2 buttons are no longer the button your fingers naturally rest upon so pressing those isn't comfortable anymore.
[/SIZE]

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm hoping we'll see a PS3 FF controller soon now that Sony have settled their issues with Immersion.