ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

399 Pounds to fit springs.

Phoned GT tuning a few days ago and got quoted 399 pounds plus VAT to have lowering springs fitted , thats with the springs. Has anyone had this done and can you tell me why it costs this much?. I can get springs fitted at Pro Tyre near me and have a 4 wheel alignment for 100 pounds.

Thanks,

Chun.

Just had mine done - 2 new springs, fitted and with the torsion bar adjusted. £160 inc. VAT. Thats not a 172 of course, but if anything you have less chance of things being seized up!

Does seem a bit extreme, as it has no torsion bar you should be able to buy the springs for a ton then just labour for fitting. I am going for eibach springs & fitting at R-tech in St. Albans & it aint gonna be that much....Good luck.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I think Simon had his fitted for about £60 (just fitting), Si, you here?

GR7

Shiny red R32

A friend of mine has just had his Pug 106 Gti lowered, with new springs etc by Peugeot Ecosse, who are well known for their modified Pugs, for only £150 all in.

Mat,

Had mine done at RPM Motorsport in Ware (Down bloody south for the northerners!)

Not sure about anything in the Midlands though Im afraid.

Oli.

do it yourself, its not hard, I have no mechanical knowlege but give it 2 hours and they will go on no problem.

400 quid, haha

Lionel Richie

If your in the Bham area and youve got £50 spare me and jon will fit them for you!! We did my car and his (not the torsion bar on the 16ver though), its not that hard (see other clios gallery mines the black one on 17" Superleggeras) The back is easy to do cos all you do is undo the nuts on the top of the shocks in the boot and jack the car up, the springs just pull out. It takes 30-45mins to do the back and maybe an 2hrs30min to do the front

Me and a friend have done it before. Problem is hes always busy plus its always easier to get someone else to do it Thanks for the offer Fred but I live near Bristol.

Chun.

Hang on... did you just say there are rear springs in your Dynamique? I thought Clios have always had torsion beams at the back? They must have completely revised the whole suspension set-up when they launched Mk2 Ph2 in June 2001. In that case, I cant get the spring set you were talking about... damn! back to square 1! Lol

Nup, mines 2001 and it has semi-independent; trailing arms linked by a torsion beam, anti-roll bar according to the spec sheet!

Im no expert, but Id say they do look like torsion bars as well, and I cant see any springs! This is really puzzling me actually, cos the spring set Fred bought from Motech is meant to fit all 1.2/1.4/1.6 Clios 98 on, yet it obviously came with 4 springs.

nick, your right, all springs now, they only really used torsion bars to save boot space, but the new clios has a huge boot for its size. I can get 3 body boards and 3 bags of wetsuits etc in the back!!!

I thought the prices for the 98- on spring kits were high for only two springs! But I dont understand... when did they ditch them? Must have been after April 2001 cos mine deffo has torsion bar. It says that in the spec sheet for my car. (Admittedly I havent actually looked under my car yet to verify this...!)

then run man run, look and enlighten us al....all i know is i have looked and seen 2 springs, an axle which looks like a TB and an anti roll bar