ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd brake light

Renault clio 182
Hi all,
Noticed my 3rd brake light wasnt working and after looking for a replacement for a while, the cheapest one i found was £150 second hand 😲. Instead I paid £1.50 for a led strip and a little modification to the light later apresto!! I now have a working 3rd brake light 👍

Attachments

• 20210828_141146.jpg
    20210828_141146.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 61

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I did the same not long back and documented it in here. If you put it behind the original clear plastic bit inside the housing, it looks pretty oem as well.

This was after test fitting in an old cracked housing. For my final version I moved the leds over slightly and used a non cracked housing. The single leds aren't as noticeable in person.

Screenshot_20210831_123438.jpg

Renault clio 182
I did the same not long back and documented it in here. If you put it behind the original clear plastic bit inside the housing, it looks pretty oem as well.

This was after test fitting in an old cracked housing. For my final version I moved the leds over slightly and used a non cracked housing. The single leds aren't as noticeable in person.

View attachment 1555426
I took all the inside of the light out and filled it with clear silicone with the led strip inbetween. Its a bit of a rough job but i was rushing so i do plan to redo it in the near future when i have more time. I have more issues with the car to sort first 😂😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I took all the inside of the light out and filled it with clear silicone with the led strip inbetween. Its a bit of a rough job but i was rushing so i do plan to redo it in the near future when i have more time. I have more issues with the car to sort first 😂😂
Aye, mines a bit rough and ready but I had to rush too for the mot last year. Been fine for going on a year though and, as you say, much cheaper than buying a new one now!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm surprised Renault/Valeo don't do a new run of cup 3rd brake lights, they'd make a killing.