ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 channel amp for factory speakers

Clio 1.4 16v Expression
Hi,
I have a 2003 Clio Expression, and I'm planning a bit of an ICE conversion. Long story short, I want to use a standalone 4 channel amp to power the factory speakers, bin the head unit and use an iPod for the source.

I'm looking at a Blaupunkt GTA460 amp, caraudiodirect.co.uk has them on offer for £65, which is a 4x60w RMS, 4x120w max (at 4 ohms). As I've said, I only want to power the four existing speakers, and I have no plans to upgrade them, so is this a good amp to go for? I had a Blaupunkt amp in my last car which was decent, not that I have a clue about the actual acoustic side of things...

So in a nutshell- factory Clio speakers, what's the best amp (for around £70-80) for them?

Cheers,
Neema

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
tbh pal you will get more out of it spending 70 - 80 on new speakers... the factory ones are basically paper.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
they are not worth amping trust me!

You will not gain any quality or loudness, Just accept it or upgrade them

Clio 1.4 16v Expression
Thanks for your replies, but maybe I should have explained what I'm planning to do. Basically, I just want to keep the same sound characteristics as the standard stereo, but without having the stereo there. I guess I should have asked if the standard speakers can handle a 4x60w RMS amp.

To be honest I'm not interested in fitting better speakers or an amp better than that to power them, I did that with my last car and I really can't say I miss it, and even if I did I still have the 600w amp and a pair of 6x9's, but I haven't exactly rushed to put them back in! I just want the normal factory speakers powered by a nice low-powered amp instead of the head unit's built-in one...