ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 pot brake set up for ph1 172?!!??!?

16v
Hello guys

Just a quick question, are there any kits for a clio ph1 172 because I cant find any?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ;)

16v
I have been on brembos and wilwood website and did not see the clio kit mentioned anywhere as for the compbrake im under the impression that they only fit late 172's or 182!

I have the compbrake kit on mine

IMG_0223a.jpg

Saves alot of unsprung weight I think about 8kg per corner. Pedals a bit softer then standard and I am not convinced they are alot more powerful. But weight saving and a bit more power they are worth it. Also a real pain in the arse to fit as you have to cut the standard solid line.

Dont see any reason why it wont fit a ph1 but give them a call and ask.

there not a pain in the arse to fit, had you got the kit from Mat at shed motorsport the correct brake lines would have been supplied and it would have been a straight fit.

Im not sure the compbrake kit will fit behind the ph1 172 alloy wheel due to the wheels design, the willwoods with the 280mm disk might.

Brembo set up just about fits behind the 16" trophy alloys.

What wheels are you using?

there not a pain in the arse to fit, had you got the kit from Mat at shed motorsport the correct brake lines would have been supplied and it would have been a straight fit.

Im not sure the compbrake kit will fit behind the ph1 172 alloy wheel due to the wheels design, the willwoods with the 280mm disk might.

Avstar (forum user) bought the kit that was originally fitted by Shedmotorsport to there car. He was having trouble getting them to work so I agreed he could come and compare it to my setup. I drove his car and his brakes were poor I couldnt even lock the wheels on cold wet day! Apparently they were leaking around the connection between solid and flexible lines.

He called Compbrake and they confirmed that the correct way to fit the brakes is to cut the solid line and flare it. My brakes are fitted as per the directions from Compbrake who supply the kit.

Last edited:
  16v

I am using 16" wheels

you have loads of choice then, i think nearly all the 4 pot kits avaliable fit behind 16s, whats your budget?

clio 200 F4Rt
indeed, we supply the correct fittings so you dont have to cut and flare, as we felt it was more user friendly.

But Compbrake do recommend the cut n flare technique.

As for the setup itself, you have to make sure the system is bled properly. I have just fitted a set to my latest 172, and gave them absolute hell at brands hatch. They didnt fade, give up or prove any problems at all.

but at the end of the day, you pays your cash and makes your choice!

16v
I would be quite happy to pay up to £1500 for the right set up so money would not be an issue in this case.

fmp_ why do Compbrake recommend the cut n flare technique?