ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Pots on valver

ok want some 4 pots on my valver, heard k-tec ones are poor because they use EBC pads. i want some top quality brakes pref. 300mm discs with the 4 pots to go behind a set of 16s. what happens when i need new pads as well? where do i get them from?cheers

Mark@Ritchspeed does a quality 4pot setup.. and they fit under standard Williams alloys - bonus!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

im gonna be ordering some off mailto:mark@richspeed">mark@richspeed anytime soon!

put some wilwoods on the yellow valver and they were sh*t hot!

We have 2 kits available for mk1 Clios. 1 using the standard 250mm discs (which my rally car runs on) and the other using 280mm discs. Both fit under 15" wheels no problem.

The entry level (same as mine, but stronger calipers) works out at £360. This kit is designed for use with standard 259mm discs and comprises of :

Pair of Wilwood Dynalite forged calipers
Pair of high strength aluminium brackets
Pair of braided hoses (needs longer than standard)
Set of Wilwood Poly E pads (0-900 degrees F)
All fixings i.e nuts/bolts/washers etc

The only extras are £10 more for Poly A pads (450-1300 degrees F) and if you want us to supply the discs they are £40.

280mm kit is now available at £450 including discs.

All prices are inclusive and include delivery.

will the 280 kit fit behind turbines though cos i know some kits that big require aftermarket wheels. is it still an extra £10 for poly a pads with the 280 kit?

Caddy Maxi

yes and yes mate, and i would only get the poly a pads if you plan on some track abuse as they are sh*t for road as they work best at v. high temp

Yep will fit behind Turbines no problem.

The Poly A pads really are for serious track work only as they are designed for Group A endurance car racing. Having said that, I use them on the road fine, but Poly Es are far superior from cold and a much more versatile pad on the whole. They will still withstand very high temps and dont necassarily even go off after 900 degrees its just their peak operating temperature.

I recommend anyone to go with the Poly Es first, unless your car is a dedicated track car.

The majority of people are using the Poly Es and everyone so far is giving very good reports for both track and road.

Replacment pads are £66 but you wont wear then out anyhting like as fast as stock pads mine had doen a few track days and them and the disks look good as new.

You dont need to uprate the rear.

Yep ben they will fit a Mk3 pahse 1 with the 238mm disks.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005

hang on chaps, clear up which discs these fit

R5 GTT = 238mm
wily/16v = 259mm
172/182 = 280mm
ben-ps car along with most mk2 1s has 238mm disks.

Ill have to get me book out later when i find it but Im sure all smaller Mk2 1s have the smaller 238mm disks.

We can do the replacement Poly E pads for £50 and Poly A pads for £60, both including delivery.

I assume the kits will fit the mk2 cars if the braking set-up and fittings is exactly the same as earlier Clios and GTTs. We have never tried this though to confirm that the fittings are identical to the Willy/16v hubs.

Although they would need to go up in size to either the 259mm Willy discs or 280mm 172 discs.

Sounds very interresting, what type caliper is used with those kits?

And how about caliper clearance, is it better than the standard calipers which stick out the outside of the disc with an inch or so...

Quote: Originally posted by 16 valver on 14 August 2005

Sounds very interresting, what type caliper is used with those kits?
And how about caliper clearance, is it better than the standard calipers which stick out the outside of the disc with an inch or so...
Wilwood calipers.

Cipers are a bit bigger than stock ones but Ive no problem getting my Dynamic alloys on although they are a very close fit.

I dont like drilled and/or grooved discs. They are too weak and warp and crack very easily. On top of this they are also more expensive, so not worth doing IMO.

We havent had any clearance issues with any of the 15" rims we have tried on there which includes phase 1 & 2, Willy and quite a few aftermarket rims.

so then the 280 comes with standard sort of disks? i was under the impression that drilled or grooved disks helped them cool down quicker? correct me if im wrong.

Would it be possible to supply a set with grooved discs? if so at what extra cost

The 280mm discs are 172 items. There really is no need for expensive discs with this set-up as its so easy on discs.

I havent warped a set of discs in over 4 years with this set-up because the heat never builds up to very high levels.

Im not sure if 172 discs are available in grooved or drilled, but even if they were I dont recommend them.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

do u get to pick the colour of the calipers, will def be getting a pair of these once 2.0 goes in....

i also run the same set with poly E pads, fantastic brakes both on road and track, never had a drop of fade and still gte great braking from them all time

def worth it!

are these better than ktecs 4pot set up then?

If so many people are going to buy them why dont we organise a group buy for them, get us all a discount if thats ok? i defo want some wil look smart and stop me quick!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

from what iv read and heard wilwoods are much better than the hi spec setup!

iv only had wilwoods in the past, and they weer fukin ace! defo recommended! just dont use 5.1 fluid!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Mark, I dont know if you are still following this thread but those prices you quoted are for a pair. Are you saying the back std calipers are sufficient? Would you need to replace the rear pads if fitting the kit?

Yep the prices quoted are for a pair of fronts. You dont really need to do much (if anything)to the rear. I use Mintex M1144s on the rear but also run a lot more rear bias than other Clios.

The rear brakes are fine as they are although there isnt any harm in going to a slightly harder pad if you spend a lot of time on track.