ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 pots under 15's?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If you fail, you can always look into his-pec and jamsport as they do off the shelf kits. Hi-spec use 280mm discs and have there own adapters and sell you a array of pads, jamsport use a 295mm and have there own adapters with ds2500 pads from memory.

Both come with braided lines and fluid.

dan's cast offs.
Th
Thought they got a bad rep for flexing ?

looked into that a few years ago, think a lot was to do with them either not set up properly and the lug mounted ones flexing quite a bit. fitted a few sets over the years and no one has complained about them.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I'll take a look at all these setups then.

I've got speedline 2118's et35 and Oz eagle F1's not sure on their offset though. Also got 16mm spacers on the front as well.
I'm on the brink of sending my standard calipers off to be fully refurbished and the when they come back was going to get then zinc dipped as theres no point painting them, paint burns straight off cast steel calipers.
But if I can get an ally 4 pot to fit under the 15's then they dissipate heat better and generally don't burn paint off.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
2019-02-05_10-09-53.jpg
2019-02-05_10-09-49.jpg
2019-02-05_10-09-38.jpg
2019-02-05_10-08-30.jpg
2019-02-05_10-07-50.jpg
2019-02-05_10-07-41.jpg
2019-02-05_10-07-25.jpg
2019-02-05_10-10-37.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My 2118s we're et43 (most are unless in white, which are et38) and f1s was et43 also. I had 20mm spacers on the f1s and 5mm spacers on the BG, but I think you'll get away with having none. But you have 16mm anyway so you'll be fine on both.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Also been reading @pule333 build thread and ACS motorsport got him a kit with brembos, 2 piece bell and J hook disks and brackets. They had to take a bit of thickness out of the calipers but they managed to fit them under 15 inch laggeras

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Also been reading @pule333 build thread and ACS motorsport got him a kit with brembos, 2 piece bell and J hook disks and brackets. They had to take a bit of thickness out of the calipers but they managed to fit them under 15 inch laggeras

And under Td1.2 but both with 15mm spacers. Very tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I had 4 pots under et38 2118's with 16mm spacers, 4 years no issues they need milling first tho.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Out of interest how much was your setup? And where did he get it all from?

The calipers were meant for his own car that he never built. They were brand new so I paid the price. Discs were done by Godspeed (he knows the guy well)
Honestly don’t remember exactly how much it was because he did more setting up and helped fit them so I paid for everything together. Can be done cheaper for sure if using used calipers. I believe Kam Racing started to sell those discs now.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I want all new, northloop doing role centre kit on the hubs then getting acid dipped and zinc'd. Anything that bolts to them will be new or refurbished.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
So who does the brackets for the Brembos?
Brembo are the cheapest way of upgrading but with the negative of a bulky caliper, whilst still lighter than the srandard brakes they are heavier that the Wilwoods/Hi-spec/compbrake type setups

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I run the jamsport wildwood kit under 15" no issues, all the wheels I use are ET36 however but no spacers required.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
The Compbrake kit is great for track use but I'd swap out the pads for alternatives for road use. The discs have curved vanes which is not often an option for the Clio
We do these discounted. With the benefits of the 4 pot and larger disc heat capacity they are quite a lot better than the standard setup. I've never done back to back testing with Brembos on overall performance but its a slimmer setup and the pad shape is not so expensive.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...e-kit-295mm-renaultsport-2-0-16v-172-182.html

dan's cast offs.
wasn't a bad kit but it's a copy of the smallest wilwood caliper, can't remember the model sorry. know plenty of people who've ran them over the years and no real complaints.