ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40/60mm drop (pic)

im thinking that Greggs motor is too low for my liking.... i dont want the tyres to go into the arches at all and i wanna be able to get peeps in the back without rubbing over bumps.

I have had 5 in my car and 2 cricket bags and it is fine m8 , no rubbin and speed bumps now if u see freds car that is LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My tryes dont go into my arches it is just the pic

Gregg

[Edited by gsmgregg on 09 May 2004 at 11:37pm]

If you are at the next mids meet m8 u can have a look at it i will take some close up pics of my arches to moz to show u how close it is to the arch

Gregg

ta gregg, that would be handy! dunno bout the next mids meet seeing as i dont live in the midlands (live in Bournemouth). Might gatecrash the next one too... u never know! ;)

when is the next mids meet anyway?

[Edited by fUbAr on 09 May 2004 at 11:50pm]

Quote: Originally posted by gsmgregg on 09 May 2004

If you are at the next mids meet m8 u can have a look at it i will take some close up pics of my arches to moz to show u how close it is to the arch
its tomorrow now gregg ;)

defo 60mm dude, if you really, really hate it you can always go back up to 40mm, but i can guarentee you that if you got 40mm, wihtin a dfew months you;ll be wishing you hasd gone 60

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 10 May 2004

haha

fubar - im not saying a word;)
lol, i thought i had decided before that meet, cheers fella :mad: :p

will probably go 60mm, but its everyone on heres fault if i dont like it or it rubs ;)
oh, me rims are ET37 offset, this ok?

[Edited by fUbAr on 10 May 2004 at 2:09pm]

clio 172 cup

4get all the sh*t just go 60mm i went 35 after being told 60 wud have been 2 low but after lowering it 35 i wish i went 60 as u cud hardly tell was on 15s then got my 17s on now and it sits nice doubt id get 60 drop on my 17s tho so think about future mods b4 buying yr springs

ok ok, heres the deal. if someone can re-assure me that my 16" ET37 offset rims will clear the arches when fully loaded goin over bumps then ill get the 60mm springs. :D now to choose a set of springs....

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i dunno...

the only reason i didnt go for 54mm( which was the next step up from 35mm with spax) is coz all my m8s have only gone as low as 40mm and i didnt want to b loads lower than theirs and have problems.

but there wudnt be ne problems with rubbing, just the roads in cardiff are really crappy (with all the speedbumps) and my back cudnt really take the punishment! also, my driveway is a b**ch and also also, i do alot of ski racin and will b taking a gap year nxt yer and dont want too many probs in the snow!

thats my story.. but if ure just a hardcore badboy/road racer, the lower the better!

[Edited by S2 PTH on 10 May 2004 at 11:15pm]

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

after much collaberation with his spring advisor (ME!) i think old furbees going to go for 40mm

hehe

That pic how you want it Fubar is about -60mm o reckon.

I will assure yo it will be ok:confused: Im going -60mm on 17s with out hesitation and that will be fine too apart from full lock where it may rub a little. Im not removing the inner arches either.

hello, mate ive got 16s on my car (but they look alot bigger then yours) with a 40mm drop, theres no rubbing, and its taken alot of the space away between the arches and wheel. yeh i like it, it adds a bit of class but there is always that thought in my mind what it would look like with 60mm drop????? i think if u were to get a 60mm drop on your car and get a kit then u could have problems over speed bumbs!?..... overall im happy with the look of 40mm and looking to get a kit now,

yeah they look schweeet, cheers for all your input peeps... uve made me realise that -60mm is the only real way forward! will get em soon and post up the piccys for all to see :D

Cheers!