ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40d opening RAW files

Dodgy one
I'm getting pretty annoyed lol, Ive shot a few images tonight for the first time in RAW on the 40d.

When i put my card into my computer they are cr2 files so i searched around google and downloaded two plugins for CS3, It will now let me open RAW files in Photoshop but it takes an age and you dont know what image it is until its opened as you have no preview.

To try and combat this i downloaded a seperate codec from canon which supposedly makes the windows picture/fax viewer allow you to preview raw files, guesss what it doesnt :dapprove:

I downloaded camera RAW 4.2 from Adobe, and the one from canon has a file name k8A52mux.

I clicked on the image on my memory card and used the dialogue box to locate the correct software on the internet and it took me to the canon software which i already found before

What do you other 40d users use to preview your RAW files?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
what version of photoshop have you got? if you have cs3 extend edition then it comes with Adobe bridge which is a RAW file previewer, it also enables you to load and edit your RAW files in the same RAW camera editor as photoshop without using photoshop to run it, enabling you to use photoshop to do other tasks at the same time.

shoot raw + small jpeg that way you can see what you like then edit in photoshop. the slowness for opening the RAW is down to your computer being slow. download the latest RAW plug in 4.6 I think it is too

I'm getting pretty annoyed lol, Ive shot a few images tonight for the first time in RAW on the 40d.

When i put my card into my computer they are cr2 files so i searched around google and downloaded two plugins for CS3, It will now let me open RAW files in Photoshop but it takes an age and you dont know what image it is until its opened as you have no preview.

To try and combat this i downloaded a seperate codec from canon which supposedly makes the windows picture/fax viewer allow you to preview raw files, guesss what it doesnt :dapprove:

I downloaded camera RAW 4.2 from Adobe, and the one from canon has a file name k8A52mux.

I clicked on the image on my memory card and used the dialogue box to locate the correct software on the internet and it took me to the canon software which i already found before

What do you other 40d users use to preview your RAW files?

Dodgy one
Yup using cs3 extended and i tried to preview in bridge unsucessfully :( I resorted to Irfanview in the end which works a treat :)