ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm mk2 172 lowering

Hello everyone.

I will be getting my 40mm lowering springs tonight and am going to have it lowered tomorrow so I went to this garage I know to check if they were free. Then this garage bloke said I would need new shocks for the lowering springs to be fitted...

Is he justin trying to screw me over or is this the stuff, do I have to buy new shocks too to have my clio lowered. Advice please.

you dont have to but your dampers will perform better and last longer if they are ones designed to go with 40mm springs, im running coilovers on my 172 so had no choice as to whether i changed the dampers or not

Ok thougt so, Im getting Power Tech Hockinheim springs. I dont know if its popular in the UK but theyre quite big in Germany.

Im going to check how they work and if Im not satisfied Ill get coilovers and use these as cup-holders or something.

Yeah and b.t.w. paddymph your 1/4 mile time is CRAZY!

Clio 1.6 16V

Dont do it mate unless you just want a kerb cruiser .... it fecks up the 172 handling. I had -40mm AVOs which were great on smooth roads but gash on the twisty B roads .... bottomed out on the fronts!! Ive since gone for Eibach Pros ... next no no drop but significant improvements in both handimg and stability .... lowering does not always equate to better handling!

Quote: Originally posted by Svezel on 10 September 2003

Yeah and b.t.w. paddymph your 1/4 mile time is CRAZY!
But not the craziest.....right Paddy? ;)

Mind you, TimO is still on 14.06....

320d M Sport

yeah watch it, mines mk2 remember, no DIY ind kit either!!

cheers svezel, no mods on it yet as well!

if you get the right kit dropping the 172 will not f*ck up the handling, ive had no ill effects from dropping mine its still supple over bumps although slightly firmer and all the bodyroll has gone. it doesnt grind on speed bumps and when the standard 16s were on it it didnt rub the arches, its still as progressive on the limit as it was as standard so no nasty unexpected over or understeer or back end snapping out on you. numerous people have been out in my car before and after the kit was fitted and all have been impressed including benr resident car nut, racing driver and know it all :D