ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

428's

Fiesta ST-3
Anyone with any experience of Catcam 428's? Whats your thoughts on them? Would they show good gains with a remap and matched inlets? Also where in the power band would you see the best gains?

Cheers

Cammed 182 :)
I have 428,s fitted with all the extras remap ,mathed inlets etc. Before it was mapped i didnt really notice much difference after the remap for the cams definetly improvment i am now pulling away from teg type r,s hope that helps apparantly tho c&b are a better choice. Pm sideways danny he is the expert on cams here if you can afford an extra £150 go for c&b.

Ph1
Im not impressed so far with the 428's compared to the Pipers although must stress their could be issues with my car which im hoping to look into (some things have already been checked) in detail when it gets a bit better weather.

So far tho managed to get 184 bhp peak with 169 lb/ft. Pulls very well top end but bottom end torque is flat.

Fiesta ST-3
Yeap ive spoken to Danny about 428's and he says you get better top end but actually loose out on bottom end so im going to give them a miss.

Cheers for the input lads.

Ph1
Wouldnt say you loose out. Maybe not gain that much.

End of the day they are a pretty mild cam. Depends what your after and if you can live with a rougher cam and gain more fair doo's