ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

438 Cams, RS2 Inlet, PMS Exhaust... bhp?

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
What does that top out at? I'd have thought its too short for most track use...
Ive changed my CWP to a gripper 13/59 making the ratio 4.5, combined with a meg 5th gear my car now tops out at 130mph. Thats running 195/50x15 tyres. I feel my combination will give me the best potential of acceleration and use of all of my gears. There are only a few tracks i visit where i may lose out on the top end but until i try it i will never know. All my work has been done during this last lockdown so i haven't given it a go yet. Cant bloody well wait though. Fun times ahead.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah mine is 13/59, 4.53. Believe it still gets close to 140mph with standard 5th gear and 195/50r15. Barely driven it since I fitted the box end of 2019 though. Should be back out April/may

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Ive changed my CWP to a gripper 13/59 making the ratio 4.5, combined with a meg 5th gear my car now tops out at 130mph. Thats running 195/50x15 tyres. I feel my combination will give me the best potential of acceleration and use of all of my gears. There are only a few tracks i visit where i may lose out on the top end but until i try it i will never know. All my work has been done during this last lockdown so i haven't given it a go yet. Cant bloody well wait though. Fun times ahead.

This is the route I am planning for mine. In my view its better to max out near the end of a straight than have more legs that can be used.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
This is the route I am planning for mine. In my view its better to max out near the end of a straight than have more legs that can be used.
Hey Kev, you do know my car is Camerons old car?

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
182 Cup. currently have 421 cams set to 438 timing. Jmrs indiction kit eBay 2.5" stainless exhaust. Was looking either RS2 with pitting timing over to 421 set up with some 197 injector's or keep timing as is and get ms to do my inlets with 197 injectors. Either way I'll have to get the map tweaked
Screenshot_20210213-114804.png
After reading this thread I'm being put off spamshing a grand on the RS2. Any recommendations car's a track car mainly short tracks does go on road but not a huge amount as I have a R26 for daily