ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5.5k hard limiter ?

Clio 182 FF
Hello guys! I recently purchased a 182 FF in arctic blue, I love it to bits. I’m sadly having an issue where the revs won’t go above 5.5k, a hard cut limiter kicks in at this point. The engine is warm (10 miles of driving) any ideas please ? Possibly a sensor?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hello guys! I recently purchased a 182 FF in arctic blue, I love it to bits. I’m sadly having an issue where the revs won’t go above 5.5k, a hard cut limiter kicks in at this point. The engine is warm (10 miles of driving) any ideas please ? Possibly a sensor?
Likely your coolant temp sensor, how is your temp needle acting?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Try cleaning the earths on the box, I bought a "non-runner" that someone threw about £600 at to try and fix

They tried a new VVT Solenoid, oil change, coolant temp sensors but it was just a dodgy earth on the box 😂

Clio 182 FF
Try cleaning the earths on the box, I bought a "non-runner" that someone threw about £600 at to try and fix

They tried a new VVT Solenoid, oil change, coolant temp sensors but it was just a dodgy earth on the box 😂
Bargain ! 😂 thanks for the advice. I will check this 🤞🏻

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I don't think it'll be the temp sensor personally. The cold limiter is 6800 vs 7200 warm, so if it's hitting one at 5500 I'd say it was something else