ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 dr 182 + RS Tuner + Vin + airbag computer problems

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ok so.... As some of you might know the story behind my 5 door 182, its completely converted with all running gear etc so there isn't an issue with that.
Trying to get RS Tuner to work and in conversation with Henk he says that the airbag computer needs changed to that of a 172 / 182 vin and it should work then. This will mean using CLIP I guess but no idea how easy this can be done.
Now I have a couple of questions from this some of you guys might be able to help with:
- By the airbag computer im guessing Henk is referring to the module under the cigarette lighter part of the dash?
- If I changed this for one from a 1*2 would it still need the VIN changed to the one that the rest of the donor parts came from or should it work anyway?
- Would this have had other consequences for mapping or running diagnostic machines if the RS Tuner route doesn't end up working?

Just a nightmare :dead: .... but any help appreciated

Cro

Meg'd r27
Found a possible 1*2 airbag ecu f/s, either trying this or the RS Tuner is back to Henk

Unplug the airbag computer and run it without I don't think it will be the issue though.

As for your other question does he car work on on the Renault clip?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Yeah edde the car has run on clip before and the likes of the u380 code reader. Henk was the one suggested it being the airbag computer

Cro

Meg'd r27
Trying without the airbag ecu didn't work. Anyone have Clip that could change the VIN on it for me??

LY 182
mine works fine with rs tuner mate,, and its still got the 1.2 airbag module (the lights on the dash and they are inop)
so i doubt thats your problem.

whats it coming up with on rs tuner?

mine worked seamlessly and as far as i know the cars setup exactly the same as yours,,, you sure you got the right vin?

Cro

Meg'd r27
I cant even input a vin ditz, when I plug in RS Tuner and try to connect a pop up comes up saying unrecognisable VIN number or something like that

Cro

Meg'd r27
Oh yeah brand spanking, it was Henk who suggested it was the airbag computer. Its doing my nut in to say the least!!

LY 182
sounds like the rs tuners fault mate cant see it being a fault of the car... if you plug them in to a car its not locked to it says that

Cro

Meg'd r27
I know you can use the diag across the range regardless of if its been locked to one so I wonder does anything come up then?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Removed airbag ecu and a fiddle with some Vins and seems to be going ok so far!