ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 GTT.... Fix & Trying on new shoes

Ive had the 5 off the road for a week... (was waiting on parts and spent 4 hours removing the wishbone, don't ask lol) I fitted a new wishbone, ARB bushes, Koni adjustables... It drives much better now:)

Took some pics once it was back in one piece

PICT3583.jpg

PICT3587.jpg

PICT3588.jpg

The new bits

PICT3580.jpg

Then I tryed on my new rims... not sure what tyres to go for but the stance and fit looks spot on... 56k:eek:

PICT3582.jpg

PICT3570.jpg

PICT3577.jpg

PICT3572.jpg

PICT3562.jpg

PICT3552.jpg

PICT3555.jpg

Some pics of the strippage

PICT3569.jpg

PICT3565.jpg

PICT3564.jpg

VRS
looked mint today fella and the wheels are top :approve: will really fill the arches

cheers for the header bottle btw

andy :)

RB 182 & 5GTT
Nice work buddy... Found mine to be awesome on the Koni setup.

Not too keen on the bumper styling tho. ;)

Shameless plug... If anybody's looking for a genuine 200bhp+ R5 project with a rather extensive spec, I'm selling mine. ;)

Works out about a car a year (that i can drive on the road lol)

Aye 8x13's

Large Intercooler on the way to fill that nasty bumper

Soon to be quick.. needs the carb set up, thus the flames lol

Plug away... how much? post spec / mini add in this thread dude lol

Taa :)

Vw caddy tdi
So far so good! loose the bad boy bonnet tho, standard tub grill and that tunning bumper with a front mount inserted will look spot on.. like the wheels top idea do they clear the 5's standard brakes easy? will they fit a ph1 172?, where you get the 8 ball...

Im on the hunt for a standard grill but the one that came with it was ugly so ditched it... Standard bonnet ive yet to spray black ready to fit

The Wheels even Clear Williams brakes (Soon to be fitted).. but doubt they would clear 172 calipers

I got the 8ball from my last car... can't remember where it came from

P1000219.gif

Ive found 4 more rims :p

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seen the krispey kreme's pics and i thought....I BET...I BET thats winstons!

What wonders never cease!

Look at zonda's for inspiration! ;)

I like those rims but seriously get some new bumpers for it, those look s**t. Some idiot has clearly been at them with a tin opener trying to give it a jap look. OE uncut bumpers FTW!

oh and needs a front grill too, looks terrible without one, even an aftermarket open style one would look better than nothing.

Last edited:
  RB 182 & 5GTT
Plug away... how much? post spec / mini add in this thread dude lol

Well if you insist, lol :cool:
http://www.rtoc.org/members/member.asp?memberid=11630

If anyone's interested, have a read through of that for the spec and story... links to recent pics on that page too.

Trying to sell as a whole, with all parts/spares mentioned included. First offer of £1500 will take the lot. Has all the parts present for an awesome project, I just don't have the time anymore.

Oh, you a member of the RTOC yet dude? Strongly advised.

Ali XXX ;)

Im Grill hunting.. it has cut up OEM bumpers :S ;)

Thats a awesome project 5 for someone... Aye im a member on RTOC

Ive not had the car long... give it time ;)

RB 182 & 5GTT
Buddy, you do know a brand new ph2 turbo grille is around £35/40 +the dreaded. Ca beat that IMO. ;)

Vw caddy tdi
side exits work well light weight also. Get a standard rear bumper or two cut section from doner (square) and from the 1 your going to use fiberglass the cut out piece into bumper, top stop sand fill rub down prime flat colour job done oe flush rear bumper with slats(no exhaust hole/surround)...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali XXX ;)

Im Grill hunting.. it has cut up OEM bumpers :S ;)

Thats a awesome project 5 for someone... Aye im a member on RTOC

Ive not had the car long... give it time ;)

i'm sure you do it, to shorten my life expectancy! lol!