ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 Year service and all belts changed

RS Clio 182 FFBG55
Hi all,

My clio 182 is coming up to being 5 years old in a few months. It has currently only done 26500 miles. To my knowledge none of the belts have been changed on the engine and the last service was carried out by the garage i bought it from December 2008.

I have been reading up on the cambelt change and i think i have a good idea what it involves so now i am looking for a garage to carry out the work. I don't what to take it to Renault due to them being just plain rude in my past experiences. I live in enfield north london and would be willing to travel to have the work done.

From what I have read JMS are fantastic but i was wondering if people could be so kind as to recommend and advise me where i should take my car.

Also from reading other peoples post i think i should have changed the following -

Cam belt with tensioners and dephaser, aux belt with tensioners, water pump belt with tensioners?, is there anything else i should have chnaged?

Thanks for reading guys.

RS Clio 182 FFBG55
Look in the traders section mate, few good garages in there!

I did have a look but i was wondering if people could post some of their experiences with garages. I want a proffesional job done with no corners cut basically. Thanks for the reply though.

AK

M240i
I did have a look but i was wondering if people could post some of their experiences with garages. I want a proffesional job done with no corners cut basically. Thanks for the reply though.

I see. All in the traders section get good rep, K-Tec, JMS, Birchdown, Rentech etc, I'm quite confident in saying that CS wouldn't allow bad traders tbh.

Full cambelt, full aux belt. Don't bother with either the dephaser or the water pump unless they are showing signs of failure. The water pump is a fable passed on from the smaller capacity engines.

I'm not sure if I spoke to you on Wed on the phone, as the chap I spoke to was also from North of Town, either way I have an email from you (pos), I just haven't had the time to reply as my partner in crime is on Holiday at the moment :(

Last edited: