ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500 Mile Trip

Peugeot 306 HDi
Ok, this probably won't impress most people but...

I'm 18 and did my first long drive yesterday when I went to see Leeds uni (which I'm very impressed with). It was a 500 mile round trip and I was really impressed with my car. It did the limit easily on the motorways (with three people and luggage) and acceleration was pretty damn good for the engine size when pulling onto dual carriageways, it was extremely comfortable (I only started to ache a little near Sheffield, having had only one stop), and it did 52mpg. Never missed a beat. I know it's a mere 1.2 Dynamique and most of you will probably have done many more miles more often in better cars, but I was really chuffed with it. Plus the radio was good when I was sat on the M25 for 2.5 hours!

500 miles for £45 isn't bad either!

Just thought I'd share that with you!:)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Wish my car dO 500 MILES FOR £45 im glad you had a good trip

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
good work on the mpg.

I get 26-27mpg at a steady 85 in my motor lol

I wish i had a diesel again!! (acutally no i don't ;))

Glad you enjoyed the drive.

impreza sti prodrive
iv had my 182 up to 41.4mpg on motorway.
average between 37 & 30 on motorway & between 28 & 34 round doors.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The most i have had is 39.9 mpg on the moterwayon the way to Nottingham i was over the moon normally it's about 33. Dont know how you got yours to 41.1 :)

hmm anyone who gets more than 30mpg from a renaultsport isn't driving it right.

rubbish.

i constantly get 43mpg on the motorways... i drive sensibly because im travelling on a straight road with lots of other unpredictable cars around me. Why would i not want to achieve the best fuel economy in these conditions? :S

Scirocco GT 210

Even if I rag mine hard I'll still get 31mpg. Had nearly 52mpg out of it once ;) Must drive like a right grandad.

Either that or I'm clearly not spending enough time stuck in traffic jams. :clown:

n2x

e60/f10
My best was 39,2mpg when driving 70mph for 125 miles and i wasn't driving like a grandpa.I think if i try hard, i can get over 40mpg. Actually Estonia is so small that its about 200 miles from one end to the other so 500 miles is a huge distance for me. Hope you had a good time :)

rubbish.

... i drive sensibly because im travelling on a straight road with lots of other unpredictable cars around me. Why would i not want to achieve the best fuel economy in these conditions? :S

Agreed, motorways are boring anyway, no point thrashing it, thats what the twisties are for. A Motorway is just a means of getting from A to B, its no fun, so you may as well do it as cheaply as possible and save petrol and the planet!

Peugeot 306 HDi
Lol well wasn't driving like a Grandad; 70ish the majority of the way (I didn't do more than high 70s though), unless roadworks held me up. Had places to be and because of the M25 hold up I was extremely late:(

Tis pretty dull driving those roads though. Should the M1 win the award for the most boring motorway? I think maybe so...

iv had my 182 up to 41.4mpg on motorway.
average between 37 & 30 on motorway & between 28 & 34 round doors.

^One of the few advantages of having a 1.2 over a 172/182 I guess!:) Certainly one of the few things to be smug about!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I had 42mpg out of mine today... 70 - 80 on the cruise control and various trips up to 90 and 100+ leptons for when I wanted to overtake/get rid of the boredom.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I did just over 600 miles without stopping for more than 5 minutes (diesel refill) last year down to southern france... 40 degrees C apparently and felt I should pull over and piss on the tyres more than once !!!

BTW that was 80-120 nearly all the way and 45mpg:clown: