ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

53 plate cup suspension, will it fit???

Rb 182
iv been offerd all the cup suspension of a 172 cup, wil it fit my 172 mk 1? if it fits is it worth fitting, will i notice the handling difference?

Artic 182
Do you have ABS? You would need the hubs off the 172 as the shock bolt spacing is different and Cups dont have ABS

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
The bolt spacing is the same on the 172 Cup / Non Cup. It is however different on the 182 Cup.

Rb 182
yeh my 172 has abs, so do i need the hubs or just the suspension, and is it an upgrade worth doing? the cup suspension will only cost me 100 notes???

Artic 182
S4 Pete i am not sure you are correct. However i hope you are because i have cup suspension lying about that i could fit!

Dan the answer to your question lies on whether the bolt spacing is indeed different

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why would you want to fit 6 year old suspension anyway?

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
S4 Pete i am not sure you are correct. However i hope you are because i have cup suspension lying about that i could fit!

Dan the answer to your question lies on whether the bolt spacing is indeed different

I'm definitely right :)

182 Cup uses different bolt spacing to 182.
172 Cup uses same bolt spacing as 172.