ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5700 Miles - Oil Change Or Not

R

rich[182]

5 months old, 5700 miles and not used too much oil, Am thinking about full oil and filter change

1 - Is it worth doing or just wait til 1st service

2 - Should I use an oil flushing agent - If so any recommended ones

3 - Should I replace oil sump drain plug (is it spanner or allen key)

4 - Which oil (assume dont use fully synth until after 10k)

Ur first service is at 12k... sounds a bit far...

I changed mine immediately after it was run in. But I have a 1.2 16v, not a 172, so probably unnessarary!

And not sure about question 2,3 or 4, But about changing it, Its not going to do any harm and doesnt take much time so why not!

R

rich[182]

Id prefer to go dealer but reckon theyll charge best part of £50 labour and thought id read on here that some dealers dont understand exactly which oil to use, have heard of them using the cheap generic stuff they put in anything and its dog

Might give them a call & get bottom line price for the lot & check what oil they use

Thanks

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Flushing agent is only required if going from non sythetic to semi or full. Cant hurt though. National Tyres do fully synthetic and filter for 25 quid fitted. I would do that as waiting to 12k isnt good.

R

rich[182]

cheers, will have a look at how accessible oil filter and drain plug are over weekend and may do it myself, always used to do my FRST but there was more room to work on the damn thing than the clio, prob save me £50 though !!

just need to decide on which oil now......................

ST

Ive got a 53 plate clio 1.2 16v dynamique, done 6200 miles, just wondering if i should get the oil changed?

Cheerz, Alan.

its a good idea to have full oil changed every 6000 miles on any car, IMO

also, got get a quote for a oil change, i know some of the locak garages around here will do it for £20/£25ish

i do mine myself, best to learn how! get a haynes manual mate