ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5gtt project

Great seeing this thread... well done so far... looks like its really taking shape! used to love my Red 5! :) keep the updates coming.

looks good mat !
you changed jobs now david ?

Sorry bit off topic, But yes quit renault to work elsewhere. It didnt work out. So im trying to go back.

:cry:
dude you are well hard to get hold of. i have an idea im gonna get the engineer lads to fabricate a metal plate we can smack s**t out of put the nut through it then screw the nut in nice and tight then im away
so you free wed??

Great seeing this thread... well done so far... looks like its really taking shape! used to love my Red 5! :) keep the updates coming.

im awaiting more pics from the bodyshop then there up :)

I would love to build a 5 from a shell up

Good luck with it :)

cost an absolute fortune :)

M235i / 172
Sweet car, hope the plate works! i was working from no dimentions! If you need another, let me know dude!

more piccies :)
amd the car is near on finished so will have more to put on tomorrow
photos031.jpg

photos030.jpg

photos026.jpg

photos025.jpg

photos024.jpg

photos021.jpg

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
how much do u reckon this whole project has set you back mate? id love to do something like this but money would put me off!

next is the engine work thinking new rad intercooler and turbo plus taking the sump/downpipe and battery tray to be powdercoated today :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It's awesome to see a 5 been saved. I've loved them since I was like 16, I'd love to own one like this and have the time/space/skills to do a full resto. I'd rebuild the engine but with loads of uprated parts from K-Tec or whatever, just to make it bomb proof, not so's to run high power. I'd make it really, really tidy in the bay as well, plenty of clean and shiny bits, every hosed replaced for Samcos etc. I'm day dreaming now heh...

shes standard at the mo as the funds have ran dry slightly but next year im thinking engine rebuild with uprated parts but standard still as they fetch more if i was to ever sell it :)

Clio 172 Cup
i have a 200bhp gt tuning engine with t25 turbo and gear box sitting in my lock up if you change your mind and plan to finish it.

i love the 5 mate look top, i miss my one plan to buy another soon

Engine runs standard and fine with no issues at all will pm you what I'm after but I have spent just over 7k when I checked my reciepts