ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5k revs on start up

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Iv just taken off the inlet manifold and changed plugs and removed the acustic valve .

Put it all back together but when i start the car up it shoots up to 5K RPM ???

I think i have pluged every sensor back in

Please help

Alan

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Did you plug the the hose off the inlet when you removed the valve? If not then the inlet is not seated correctly.

or hose off the back of inlet for brake booster?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I have pluged up the hose coming off the acustic valve with a bolt and that is all ( like in the guide )

Inlet looks ok but will try again . also when i unplug the connector to the throttle body ( fly by wire ) the revs die down but but hunts .

Did you plug the the hose off the inlet when you removed the valve? If not then the inlet is not seated correctly.

or hose off the back of inlet for brake booster?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Basically you have unmetered air entering the engine and that's why it's revving up on its own. Also check the seal under the upper inlet to the breather plate.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ok thanks i will have a look

I did use some gasket seel on that part so this may be the problem .

Car sounds a tad rough on start up that points to an air leek .

Alan

Basically you have unmetered air entering the engine and that's why it's revving up on its own. Also check the seal under the upper inlet to the breather plate.