ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 by 9’s anywhere but parcel shelf

Audi S3 225

My ice setup is proper BO, standard cassette headunit, 6 CD changer, and pioneer components up front and in rear.

I’ve had this for a few months now since my car was broken into and I lost everything, I’m not going to buy any ice until I get my new car with a decent alarm.

Anyway, I’ve found an old pair of Sony Xplode 6 by 9s in the garage and was thinking about putting them in my car for a bit of extra bass and volume. But I don’t want to stick them in my parcel shelf, as thieves might try and target my car again.

I don’t want to cut up any parts of the interior so I was thinking can these 6 by 9s be put in boxes and placed in the boot? Like mini subs, my bro had these in his parcel shelf in his old car and they where pretty loud and bassy not very good sound quality tho.

Would they sound any good? I don’t want to spend any money on subs or amps till I get my new car so as these are free I might as well use them but I don’t want to cut up my parcel shelf or any other part of my car.

Any ideas?

thx

Skoda Fabia vRS

well if you aint gonna amp em how are you gonna supply sound signal to them ?

will you not run any other rear speakers other than 6x9s ?

cos if you connect em off the wires on some other speakers which are still running you will be showing the head unit 2ohm, somethin it wont be designed to cope with

well, 6*9s will work better in boxes, as all speakers work better in an enclosure, so if you could put them in a small sealed enclosure. They wont give bass, they will give a mid bass and mid.

It would be best to have a low pass filter on them (cut out treble) or it will pull your sound stage back. say cut them at 2khz

but sound quality wont be good. (im not a fan of 6*9s or sony car audio!!)

Yeah ive heard of people doing that before, mounting 6x9s in individual boxes in the boot. Should work well as sealed enclosures behind the speakers will help improve the sound quality as a sealed enclosure does for a sub. But yeah boxing them in the boot should work well.

BRUN - very good point, unless you remove the previous rears, youl have trouble, and those 6*9s will be no subsitiute for bass!!

Audi S3 225

I will be using the wires from the rear door speakers for the 6 by 9s. If it sounds worse ill just remove it and reconnect the rear door speakers back up. Just curious to what it will sound like.

Audi S3 225

How do I do that??? Is it a connection you can get from halfords that goes on the wire between the hu and speaker?

you should be able to get one like that, but not sure if you will get a variation of frequencies. It might be called something like a treble filter (takes out treble) anything will do really, so it plays only below 6-3khz closer to 3 id say