ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

65HP DCI Build

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Hi there!
I have owned my little Mk2 Clio 1.5 DCI for just over a month now.
In the time I’ve had it I’ve had a couple of little niggles but nothing too difficult to get to the bottom too.
I’ve had a couple faults one of which was the EGR that I just cleaned out so no issue there however just recently got an injector issue which will need resolved. The engine is blowing black reek out the back and struggling to start on cold start ups. Obviously leaking off into the cylinder when engine is turned off.
I’ll be rectifying that fault when I’m paid.
It’s also just had a timing belt fitted before I got it.

I’ve got a lot of plans for the car:
First will be getting the Injector on cylinder 2 and a service including all the filters.

Coilovers
Wheels and tyres
Intercooler
Exhaust (turbo back)
Updated clutch
Rolling road map
Green stuff pads and discs

Headlights as misted
Bonet as damaged
Stage 3 detail

Could do with a bit of help with engine work on the DCI as don’t have any experience with this specific engine. Is it worth Hybrid turbo etc?

028616A8-82A1-4817-9E48-5EABB2EB10BD.jpeg
6746C7A7-611C-45FC-8BD9-9996FCD86600.jpeg
247897CA-9FC6-465A-9E4B-3682B1F0C10D.jpeg
21CED4C1-D9B9-4A61-8C7C-6B4F370320AD.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
good base to start with, are you from Edinburgh or is that just where the car came from?

engine wise, they are a fantastic little engine if you don't mess with them too much lol! For a DCi65 my recomendation would be a set of DCi 80/100 injectors (they are the same part for the 80/100), an intercooler and then have It remapped as that will have brought it upto dci 80 spec so should map to 110hp or there abouts. (they use the same turbo just the 80 runs more boost)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Cheers mate

good base to start with, are you from Edinburgh or is that just where the car came from?

engine wise, they are a fantastic little engine if you don't mess with them too much lol! For a DCi65 my recomendation would be a set of DCi 80/100 injectors (they are the same part for the 80/100), an intercooler and then have It remapped as that will have brought it upto dci 80 spec so should map to 110hp or there abouts. (they use the same turbo just the 80 runs more boost)
Cheers mate. Yeah I bought the car in a edinburgh.
Right, I got you I’m going to price a set of 80/100 injectors. Do they need coded?
Thanks