ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9 installation

hi im thinking of sticking some 6x9s in my car just to give it a bit off bass. cant afford amp/sub and 6x9s give reasonable sound right of the hu

has anyone installed them, did u run fresh wire? i was thinking of just extending the wire from the speakers in the back doors.

suggestions please?

yup do that, just use the rear speaker wire connections.

cut em into ya parcel shelf or make an mdf one and away ya go

Abarth Grande Punto

yep mate the wires are already there so use them extend hem if you have t but its only 6x9s so its not worth running new cables as far as sound quality goes.

but what i would say is get a stealth shelf, cos aroung 75 quid butmore secure and sounds bette, less rattle

Ad

MK2 FRS

I was wondering whether you could just do this. What is the best way to join the speaker wires????

the way i did it in the end. was use female/male wire connectors to join the wire. Then there is a small space between the door panel where the speaker is housed and the boot. so it turned out to be fairly simple. there all hooked up and sounding nice. not as bassy as a sub but just right. i may invest in an amp for the extra power. really happy. highly recommend mb quart dtc169. amazing for 80 quid

well i wanted to see if my standard shelf would do the job. and to be honest its good. i think when i get an amp ill need to get a stealth, but at present it dosent rattle so im happy.