ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Double DIN Android Auto recommendations?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm thinking of getting something to replace the archaic CDR-24 my car came with. The only must have is wireless Android Auto as I don't want to have cables draped about.

I'm not that fussed over sound quality, or anything else for that matter, I just want to be able to stream Spotify and run Google Maps for navigation.

Cheap Chinese things can GTFO. What I've seen so far that appeal are Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood etc.

Any suggestions?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Do you have SPP or Bose?

Not that it determines which head unit you'll get, but they both bring slightly more complexity over standard.

SPP requiring a pin on a harness relocated & Bose requiring a MOST adapter.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I have Sound Package Plus so know that'll require some fiddling.

I'll be getting it professionally installed, I'm just looking for guidance on the unit itself as I know not what specifics I should focus on or be concerned about.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If you're looking at resistive vs capacitive touch screen you're already so far at the wrong end of the market, whatever you buy will be a disappointment.

Still gotta expect to pay decent money for a decent system, which you really should for a Porsche.