ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9 trouble help!!!

fitting my 6x9s as we speak but theres a funny star staped key that goes into the seat belt thing. any1 put 6x9s in and had any trouble? also which is the best way to put them in???

*Jem*

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

star shaped key???? like an alen key???? if its what i think it is then its called a torx screw!

it not an alan key. it looks like a star. that dun matter now, any1 know wot colour wires correspond to which speakers in the head unit??

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

if its a star then its a torx screw!!!! hm coulour wires?? erm make sure you get left hand speaker to left hand side etc etc if ya get what i mean!!! what HU you got???

dun need 1 aint got an uprated HU. bugger well i stuck now then unless i can take all the interior off to find these bloody wires.

yea thats wot we doin but theres no room to hold the new wire so we got slice into the wire to make a connection but dun wana cut into the rear speakers as i wan turn them off wen i got the 6x9s in!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

you got a halfords near by??? if so go down there and they have all different sorts of iso blocks and cables etc etc! and if you look on backs of the packs it should say what colour wire is what for the diffrent makes of cars!!! just an idea!!!????

ive come to a decision, been as no1 can help me im cuttin all the wires and then finding out one by one which wires r for what speakers! im sh*t*in bricks tho!! best option at the mo

Mk2 Golf GTI

f**k that! just extend the wires from the rear speakers. or best case scenario, ditch the 6x9s and get a sub and some components!

Mr2 Roadster

You need a volt meter to measure the voltage, then you will know which is positive. Or check the polarity on the old speakers, always a dead givaway!

Haynes manual has a wiring diagram and that has the colours on it.

If you have a matching colour on either side of the car (often brown) then that will be the negitive.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

it aint hard, the connector is split into two halves, power half, and speaker half, after a wee bit of trial and error ull work it out... why not just wire them to the original speaker wires? its so much simpler...

also, as said above, id lose the 6x9s and get components and a sub :) 6x9s totally degrade quality