ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7 vs 8 inch

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I know this has been covered loads here and there but I am trying to piece together answers from multiple threads.

I am looking at getting some TD Pro Race 1.2s in 15 inch and it looks like they come as 7 or 8 width?

I am gonna assume 8inch tyres will be slightly more expensive but is there any view on which is better on track - not that it is going to make much difference as the weak link is definitely me at the moment!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Standard OZ F1’s are 15x7 aren’t they? And they fit 195/50/15’s on them lovely. Which are A cheaper tyre than 205/50/15’s.

That alone would (and does!) persuade me to have 7 inch wide wheels.

My wets (Uniroyals) are £180 fitted for 4.

You wont need 8J wheels for a Clio. They'll require at least a 215 section tyre which is more expensive.

Stick with 7J and go with a 205 section tyre for dry track days.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Up to a point a wider tyre will be better, but the issue is more whether you can fit it under the wheel arches. You’re looking at a 225 on an 8 inch wheel which is going to be a big ask for a Mk2.