ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

750mc Roadsport anyone?

Hi All

Firstly not sure if this is in the right section so apologise if it's wrong.

This year is my first year of racing, I've built a Clio 172 up from bits I've purchased mostly second hand. I've been on 4 trackdays so needless to say I'm very much inexperienced! It doesn't help not knowing anyone else who races.

Is anyone from the forum racing in the Roadsport series? My car has a standard engine on B14 shocks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457864322.627421.jpg

Cheers
Alex

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
not sure about the roadsport series but there is quite a few of us that race in the tricolore tophy through "track attack race club".
great friendly club and fairly cheap racing.

I'll try and have fun, at the moment I'm just hoping me and the car make it round!

Oulton park on the 2nd April. Silverstone, snet 300, castle Combe, Cadwell, Rockingham, Donington gp.

Donington was dry was racing in club enduro manage 3rd in class 5th over all team 68 mates 106 and my caddy

Take it your class c

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Several of the clios had major engine failures on Sat?
One lad striped the head off in about 20 mins was good show!

Oh joy! I'm concerned about the reliability already and it's 4 hour drive for me each way, I'm going for the fingers crossed approach!

I thought you went well out there? I was just happy I finished! Didn't come last either so that was a bonus! Pretty wet huh!?

Mine was fine until I get kicked out for tyres, running ao48 but as the bluebook says ao48-r I got kicked out other car in are race running the same tyres as me didn't get kicked out or pick up on. Appeal it now with msa so what looked like a good result 2nd in class isn't at the minute

Oh!! I had no idea that happened! I thought everyone was just let through after the race finished, I didn't see anyone get pulled up. Sorry mate, hopefully msa sort it out. I managed 3rd in my class so was pretty surprised to go home with a trophy!

Arctic Blue FF 182
Top work Alex! Did you enjoy it?

James
(I might drop you a pm later about something which may be of interest to you)

Thanks! Yeah I absolutely loved it!!! Great bunch of guys on the grid, really well organised, everyone really helpful. I even enjoyed the super wet qualifying (thank goodness for rain-X anti fog!) can't wait for the next one!

Yeah drop me a pm mate.

Good job then Alex are you doing them all thing year I'm most likely missing Combe and snetterton

I need to spend a bit to take it to that black 106 but I will have him before the years out think my best chance will be cadwell

That black 106 was rapid, but hope you do it! I hope to do all apart from Combe & Cadwell. What you thinking of doing to catch that 106?

Just so happens the 106 is my mate and we know dry laps times are very close we did the club enduro two weeks back and I beat his fasted lap but take me to long to get going. His laps time are what I was looking at before I take the van racing wasn't going race until I now I would be there abouts.

So for work on the van there's a little bit of weight to come out then I need some better coilovers but that's money I don't want to spend but think I'll send them off for a rebuild and then try some stiffer springs. The rest is in me my pace is there just taking to long to get on it.

What about you just going to race it or have you bits you want to sort

I think it's me that needs the work more than the car, but I have an LSD planned at some point but in no rush. After looking at the lap times once it dried out, me, 2nd and 1st lap times are all bouncing around roughly the same figures so I just need to get more experience.

I really noticed how much quicker others came out of the hairpin and I also had to short shift at the Chicane, hence the LSD should buy me a little bit but other than that I'll leave the car as is this year I think......... Probably!